Sage/RIO Product Community Manager
Posted by Sage on 11/01/2018
Industry Sector: Fishing, Outdoor
Job Categories: Marketing
City: Bainbridge Island
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Founded in 1980 by legendary rod designer Don Green, Sage was created with one idea in mindto build the world's finest fly fishing products. From the start, Sage has maintained that singular focus on delivering the finest performance fly fishing rods, reels, and equipment to the avid angler. We are a company of passionate anglers and craftsmen, continually seeking performance advantages through new materials, designs, and engagement with the fly fishing community. We fly fish. You can feel our passion for fly fishing in everything we do.
PRODUCTS RIO is a pioneer in developing fly lines, leaders and tippet material to enhance fly fishing experiences across the globe. Offering premium fly lines for freshwater, saltwater, and Spey fishing applications, RIO consistently utilizes field experience and scientific testing to create the best products on the market for anglers. Founded over 25 years ago in the mountains of Idaho, RIO continues to develop innovative products, design revolutionary tapers, and refine performance-driven fly line technologies. We are passionate about solving the problems that get between you, your rod, and the fish. RIO Products - Make The Connection.
ABOUT FAR BANK ENTERPRISES
Far Bank Enterprises is an integrated manufacturer and distributor of fly fishing products and services, including fly fishing rods, reels, waders, lines, leaders, tippet, performance outdoor apparel, and travel to the world's finest fly fishing experiences. Far Bank subsidiaries operate under the brand names Sage, Redington, RIO Products, and Fly Water Travel. Our core purpose is to inspire the fly anger through outstanding products and extraordinary experiences for the fly fishing community.
Under the direction of the VP of Marketing and in collaboration with the Sage Marketing Manager and RIO Products Marketing Manager, the Sage/RIO Community Manager oversees, develops, and implements Sage and RIO's community relationships including but not limited to ambassador programs, grassroots promotions, social media platforms, and community (industry/consumer) engagement. The Sage/RIO Community Manager collaborates with Sales, Travel, and R&D departments to share knowledge gained through significant time in the field and on the water.
The ideal candidate is an avid, passionate angler with 3-5 years of marketing promotion or related fly fishing/outdoor experience. (S)he appreciates the legacy of Sage, earned through product innovation and commitment to the fly fishing community, and recognize the opportunity to attract new anglers to the Sage brand while continuing to take care of Sage loyalists. We?re looking for someone that thrives in an organic organization, and will be a key face in the relationships Sage builds with customers and specialty fly shops. This is the dream job for the right candidate.
To see job function and requirement specifics and to apply for this position, please visit www.farbank.com.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- In coordination with the Sage and RIO Products Marketing/Brand Managers, direct and oversee efforts with ambassadors, grassroots sponsorships/promotions/events, and social media platforms to build Sage and RIO brand exposure, brand affinity, and sales opportunities.
- Social Media - Utilize community relationships to drive content on Sage, RIO, and partner (ambassadors, fly shops, lodges, outfitters, industry, etc.) social and .com platforms
- Ambassadors - Develop objectives and direction for all ambassador programs. Manage all areas of ambassador communications from contract negotiation and product disbursement to content collection with the goal of enhanced ambassador relationships and community engagement.
- Grassroots Sponsorships/Promotions/Events -Develop and execute grassroots events and sponsorships aimed at increasing brand exposure/affinity and improving dealer relationships and end-consumer engagement.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships with dealers, brands, industry influencers, media, and customers for increased Sage and RIO brand affiliations and awareness.
- Travel on a regular basis to events, industry trade shows and functions, and dealer visits to gain insight into market conditions
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years in marketing promotion or related fly fishing/outdoor industry experience
- Must have a strong background and contacts in the fly fish and greater outdoor community
- Experience in building and managing promotions, ambassador relationships, and public relations
- Proficiency with social media engagement and campaigns
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Understanding and ability to work in Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator)
This is a salary position with a competitive benefits package
Founded in 1980 by legendary rod designer Don Green, Sage has maintained a singular focus – to deliver the finest performance fly fishing rods, reels, and equipment to the avid angler. We are a company of passionate anglers & craftsmen, continually seeking performance advantages through new materials, designs, and engagement with the fly fishing community. You can feel our passion for fly fishing in everything we do.