Director of Product
Posted by Big Agnes on 11/07/2018
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Product
City: Steamboat Springs
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Director of Product oversees development of product, assortment and strategies for the entire product line. With their understanding of the Big Agnes brand, the outdoor market, fit/finish, fabric details and specific category knowledge, they will help build a product line plan that delivers innovative products to grow market share and gross margin dollars. The Director of Product is responsible for leading a team of design and development individuals who are focused on maintaining Big Agnes’ leadership position within the market. The Director of Product is the central figure in knowledge of the product line; he/she collaborates with sourcing, sales, marketing and operations departments of the company, to deliver a successful product line.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for delivering product that helps achieve revenue, gross margin, inventory levels, and profit contribution goals.
- Develop a line that resonates with the global market and develop market specific product where appropriate.
- Develop and manage an existing team of product development professionals
- Manage and maintain all product related special projects, including SMU and collaboration efforts.
- In conjunction with the design team, lead product direction, provide detailed product briefs to designers and developers and maintain all necessary data to keep the team on appropriate timelines.
- Explore and develop environmental/sustainability initiatives where appropriate.
- Create a line plan for categories and contribute to the overall business plan for Company.
- Work with sales team members and leadership to create strategies that link to product direction.
- Work with the marketing department to craft marketing messages, line stories and positioning to
- Participate in the planning and execution of marketing collateral materials.
- Assist in setting strategies for growth of market share for the category.
- Manage preliminary sales forecasting, allocation, and margin management.
- Ensure business results meet company requirements for P&L, cash flow, and inventory management.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in design, engineering or management a plus.
- Extensive experience in the categories offered by Big Agnes.
- Demonstrated understanding of key drivers of sales in specific distribution channels in complex markets.
- Sales or marketing experience in wholesale, retail or direct businesses a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in managing product gross margin and operating expenses.
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to establish and maintain schedules.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively - verbally, written and visually - with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Big Agnes
We started Big Agnes eighteen years ago without a real plan, but with a pretty good idea: to make the best gear possible to help folks like you get outside.
We’re based in a ski town in northwestern Colorado. Our backyard is outdoor paradise, and our testing grounds are within sight of our office. On most lunch hours the office is quiet enough to hear a pin drop while we’re out finding fresh air or fresh tracks of one kind or another.