Posted by Yeti Cycles on 01/10/2019
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Customer Service
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Date: December 2018
Location: Golden, CO
The Warranty Manager reports directly to the Sales Department and works as the head of Yeti’s Warranty and Service Department. The Warranty Manager is responsible for the implementation of all Yeti Warranty procedures. These include, but not limited to, warranty/crash replacement frame processing, answering incoming phone calls and emails regarding warranty claims, and organizing, monitoring, and cycle counting the warranty frame inventory. Additional responsibilities include leading a monthly warranty meeting with management and submitting monthly reports to suppliers. Demand planning and anticipating service and warranty replacement parts needs, prior to running out of stock. Lastly, will be the training and oversight of additional personnel hired to assist the Warranty Manager.
The position requires strong written and verbal communications and the knowledge to answer technical questions regarding Yeti products and technologies. The candidate will recognize the customer service aspect of the position, be solution oriented, work to exceed consumers expectations while protecting the company from abuse, while creating a positive experience to retain and create lifetime customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a point of contact for dealer and consumer questions pertaining to warranty and crash replacement policies, status of claims, and general inquires.
- Work with management to create and evolve procedures fitting with how consumers are looking to interact with Yeti to file and process warranty claims.
- Evaluate warranty and crash replacement claims, specifically: assisting dealers, distributors or end consumers through the entire warranty process – RMA initiation, product evaluation, replacement, and follow up.
- Ensure orders are printed and sent to the warehouse for shipment and invoiced within the Production Managers timelines and expectations.
- Anticipate and communicate any brewing situations to management to minimize impact and find efficient resolutions.
- Educate and train distributor and dealer personnel on proper procedures to eliminate future issues.
- Communicate best practices and technical updates through appropriate channels.
- Respond to inbound phone calls, emails, and voicemails within the same business day.
- Respond to technical questions using trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with Yeti dealers and members of the YETI TRIBE.
- Inventory maintenance and control, including demand planning.
- Work with the Engineering and Assembly teams regarding quality control, repair, and warranty processing.
- Data collection and monthly reporting, directly with manufacturing.
- Coordinate and present month warranty reports with management.
Job Qualifications, Competencies, and Key Attributes:
- College Degree, preferred
- 2 years warranty experience in the Outdoor industry
- 5 years industry experience in high-end mountain bike sales or service
- Work well in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Service and solution oriented
- Flexible and Empathetic
- Microsoft Office Suite - Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Access
- Experience working with CRM and ERP systems (Salesforce and Syspro)
Yeti Cycles is a ride-driven company. Everything we do revolves around making the best bikes in the world. The work environment is relaxed but high-functioning. Dogs wander the building, bikes clutter the hallways and we always have good coffee in the morning and hoppy beers in the evening. We’re located near five major trailheads and shut it down from 11:30am-1pm every day to ride. We offer competitive compensation, annual performance- based bonus, comprehensive healthcare, discounted gym membership, matching 401k, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, one-time bicycle frame credit and annual apparel credit. ?
To Apply: Please Email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the job title in the subject line. ?
About Yeti Cycles
YETI IS A PLACE WHERE YOU WOULD FEEL COMFORTABLE
Our offices are cluttered with bike magazines, new parts waiting to be tested, and tons of bikes clamped in bike stands ready for their next ride. If you were to stop by Yeti in the morning, you would be greeted with a big smile and a strong cup of coffee. If you wandered in around lunch time, you would find a locked door and an empty building - we ride everyday from eleven thirty to one. After five-thirty? You would likely be poured a strong, hoppy beer and sit ring-side to a fierce battle of ping-pong.