Posted by GSI Outdoors, Inc. on 01/10/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Graphic, Design - Web
City: Spokane Valley
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Business Phone: 509-928-9611
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
- Learn the GSI Outdoors, Inc. family of products and be able to apply GSI Brand Strategy guidelines in creative approaches to target consumer groups.
- Directly communicate and manage the production of graphic assets with factories overseas.
- Design, build and execute the visual components of the GSI brand presence in accordance with the brand strategy as well as marketing and promotional initiatives, objectives and goals while deploying best-in-class design solutions.
- Be a guardian of and maintain the GSI Brand in all designs.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with creative design team, in order to generate creative ideas
- Effectively present creative concepts to internal teams, sales and ownership, with thoughtful rationale.
- Take design direction provided by Director of Design & Marketing and use it to design collateral of various sizes, resolutions and mediums.
- Maintain knowledge of creative marketing trends and best practices.
- Develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Prepare and format graphics for print, packaging, environmental signage, web, social, and email production.
- Prepare, shoot, edit and maintain catalog of in-house product photography for final assets.
- Prepare final assets according to specific print production guidelines at high levels of accuracy, efficiency and replication.
- Manage graphic materials for product production.
- Manage, organize and maintain company media assets.
- Make proactive recommendations to streamline & improve creative processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong time management skills to maintain project velocity and target deadlines.
- Passionate about the outdoor industry.
- Experience in print, packaging design, photo editing, digital, and social marketing/advertising.
- Ability to be confident, patient and polite when dealing with difficult situations.
- Desires a long-term career that offers growth in graphic design.
- University degree or college diploma in graphic design, art or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in a professional creative/graphic design position required.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and create an effective design.
- Extensive expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, HTML/CSS and/or Autodesk Maya. A working knowledge of SolidWorks and WRIKE is a plus.
- Excellent time management abilities with a proven ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Attention to detail and service-oriented approach.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
To apply: Send resume or credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org