Posted by Niner Bikes on 02/07/2019
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management, Operations
City: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Contact Name: Chad Dresnick
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
The Operations Manager will manage the daily global operations for Niner Bikes. A solution-oriented expertise for all supply chain, purchasing, inventory, distribution and their corresponding personnel needs is required for this position’s success. This position will manage the flow of goods on a global scale from multi-national suppliers, through multi-location distribution, to the customer. The Operations Manager role will serve as a member of the Niner management team to provide input towards the company’s success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee global forecasting, purchasing, and distribution to Niner customers across continents
- Responsible for ensuring just-in-time inventory levels to facilitate bike and frame sales inclusive of all items from frames down to barbs/olives
- Drive forecasting process with Sales and Finance departments to ensure continuous improvement (S&OP)
- Work with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance daily to create cross-departmental project collaboration for new, existing, and products phasing out.
- Manage Fort Collins, CO self-run distribution and assembly center
- Co-manage Netherlands 3PL distribution center
- Assist with management of soft goods, parts, and accessory development in collaboration with product and Design teams
- Daily interaction with suppliers domestically and internationally; negotiate pricing, terms, and lead times
- Provide Operational input on supplier performance
- Manage global transportation network, both import and export, and domestic LTL/parcel requirements
- Responsible for SKU architecture and creation, database maintenance, website support
- Create systems to increase satisfaction levels (fill rates) and set safety stock levels
- Annual budgeting and monthly budget reviews to ensure SG&A spending tracks accordingly
Directly supervises employees in the Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Must possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a highly dynamic and changeable environment. Warehousing and/or manufacturing experience required. Outdoor industry experience preferred. Global sourcing, purchasing, and distribution experience required. Inventory planning in an MRP/MRP II/ERP environment preferred. This position will require approximately 8% domestic and international travel. Must be able to obtain a valid passport.