Assistant Manager, Paddlesports
Posted by Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company on 08/01/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Retail - Management, Retail - Sales
City: Old Forge
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
- Assisting with the organization and supervision of all operations of the Paddlesports Shop
- Accounting of all cash and sales receipts
- Management of sales, merchandising, stocking and receiving in all areas of the shop
- Maintaining clean and safe conditions inside and outside of the retail and rental shop
- Oversight of the daily work of all employees and ensuring that all customers have a pleasant shopping experience
- Assisting with the handling and managing of customer service including ensuring high levels of customer service and customer satisfaction in all aspects of our Paddlesports shops
- Assists with the management of personnel functions of Paddlesports staff, including:
- Staff orientation for new hires and ongoing staff development
- Coaching and mentoring assigned staff
- Working to assure proper staff morale and conduct.
- Assists with purchasing and inventory management, including:
- Working with store manager, vendors and sales representatives to provide store with a variety of items and services that best suit MOSC’s needs
- Processing of all pre-season and fill in orders
- As part of the management team, assist with implementation of events and development of new marketing strategies for all paddleshop promotions, sales and events, including:
- Ensuring that there is creative and effective merchandising for all aspects of the Paddlesports Shops
- Assist with the development and implementation of existing and new paddle shop events including: Adirondack Paddlefest, Moose River Fest, SUP Fest, Demo Days, etc.
- Follows industry trends and uses information to help chart a course for future implementation of Shop sales and marketing strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills, including Excel, POS & inventory. Experience with online sales platforms a big plus!
- Analytical skills regarding spreadsheet data, industry trends, and personnel issues, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with manufacturers’ reps, guests, and staff
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work autonomously, yet function as a team player
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- A flexible and casual work environment
- Joining an awesome team
- Amazing discounts on the products we sell
- Paid vacation and personal time
- Health Insurance (optional)
- 401(k) plan (optional)
- Competitive Salary
- Please note this job description is not all-encompassing. Duties, responsibilities and activities may have slight alterations to meet the needs and goals of the company.
- Some college (AA/AS or better preferred)
- Minimum 3-yrs. experience in outdoor retail and paddlesports sales
- Point-of-sale experience
About Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company
Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company is
Our Gear & Clothing Shops carry a full line of camping gear, hiking footwear, outdoor clothing and supplies as well as quality bicycles from Giant, LIV and Growler. Winter sports enthusiasts will find a great selection of X-Country Skis, Back Country gear and Snowshoes.
The Mountainman Rental Outpost rents Canoes & Kayaks and provides shuttles to