The Bicycle Industry Jobs Marketplace
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Design - Apparel, Production - Apparel
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
City: Truckee/Tahoe City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Contact Name: Micah Hinton
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 +
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
This position will consist primarily of overseeing production and managing high-level product line management tasks (timeline management & costing). But because this is a small and nimble team, you will wear many hats. A huge portion of this role is assisting design and development in design decisions and acting as liaison between departments.
We are all skiers (snowboarders are accepted:). It is highly preferable to have someone who understands and actively participates in hunting for pow.
- Oversee timeline of entire production process to ensure timely delivery of goods. This position is responsible for launch of seasonal line through delivery at the Flylow warehouse in Denver.
- Oversee product team – Product Coordinator & Design and Development Manager.
- Act as liaison between design and development, marketing/sales, and operations to ensure everyone is working toward the same goals.
- Managing high level factory & vendor communication and logistics.
- Prompt forecasting and place POs to factories.
- Calculating fabric consumption, placing fabric orders, & aiding mills and factories with shipping logistics.
- Managing costing to fulfill desired margins.
- Play active role in design and development. Aid in brainstorming and flushing out ideas/concepts. With a small team, everyone is needed to help make design decisions to ensure high quality product and all users are considered.
- Maintaining factory relations and developing new strategic partnerships.
- Production & factory communication experience is a MUST (@ least 3 years)
- PLM experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Thorough knowledge of outdoor product lifecycle
- 5 years experience in outdoor/sport industry
- Knowledge of apparel design and development
- High level experience with Excel
- Illustrator experience
- Ability to travel to trade shows, factories and fabric mills in Asia
Job Location: Tahoe, CA
Position Type: Full Time, w/ flexible work schedule. Unrestricted PTO.
We believe strongly in playing outside and balancing work and play.
Required Experience: 5-10 years (in Outdoor/Sport)
Micah Hinton email@example.com
Flylow got its start when co-founders Greg Steen and Dan Abrams, both Colorado natives and friends since college, couldn’t find a pair of ski pants that could hold up to the kind of skiing they were doing. They were exploring the backcountry, tackling big-mountain terrain, and spending long days in variable weather. The gear they were using was either mountaineering apparel, which was built for light and fast travel but often didn’t fit right and lacked style, or resort-oriented ski apparel, which looked good but couldn’t handle the rigors of demanding terrain or the temperature control you needed when climbing and skiing peaks
>Although the two friends had no real background in clothing design, they were skiers with creative minds, so they figured: Why not try to build better ski clothes? A French girl on the mountain observed them skiing and said, “You don’t ski fast—you fly low.” And the Flylow brand was officially born