Admissions Coordinator- Student Travel Program/Scholarship Program
Posted by The Road Less Traveled on 09/12/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Admin/Clerical, Sales - Company Rep, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Business Phone: 7733425200
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
You are an organizer and thrive on detail. Getting all the details - gathering necessary information and organizing is your thing. You understand deadlines and most importantly how to get things done right and done on-time. The more that needs to get done - the more focused and productive you become.
Do you remember your first trip overseas?
Remember how different the world looked when you came back; how it gave you new eyes and a new perspective on your everyday life? That?s the experience we create for hundreds of young students each summer. We are looking for someone who has a passion to share that experience with others by reaching out to them and their parents throughout the year.
We are seeking an Admissions Coordinator for our student travel company and scholarship program. Our Admissions Department collects and manages data from our clients and prospective scholarship students to ensure that our travelers have an excellent experience and that our company is reasonably protected from risk and unnecessary liability. The Admissions Coordinator works to maximize efficiency and accuracy in the Admissions Department. Additionally, the Admissions Coordinator is the staff person who has the most contact with our clients. S/he must be friendly, personable and have the ability to always put our best foot forward. Our website receives thousands of inquiries each year from families looking for a unique and life-changing experience for their teens. Our Coordinator will follow up with these families, by email, phone, text or Skype to share the excitement and value of our trips. For serious prospects you will be setting appointments for our founder, with over 30 years experience running trips who can answer every question.
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational skills
- 2-4 years experience working in a communications field /customer service field
- An individual with a great teamwork attitude and excited to work in a collaborative environment Is mature, has had their own passion for travel, and can share their story of how those experiences have enriched their lives.
- The ideal candidate is going to be highly detail oriented, and comfortable working via email or phone with people all over the globe.
- You will need to be intensely detailed orientated while still maintaining a positive relationship with each family and traveler.
- There is a constant stream of leads and applicants, so you will need to be diligent in follow up, keeping track of your efforts in our CRM system so that we ensure that no family is missed.
- Experience using online software tools is a must, and prior experience with customer service is a big plus.
- This is a lot of long days on the phone, and in front of the computer, listening to the concerns of parents and reassuring them of all the safeguards and safety measures we have in place.
- Participate in project management team strategizing in order to develop creative solutions
- Contribute to the growth of The RLT by advancing personal skills, working with the project management team to deliver timely, quality results, and seeking opportunities to improve RLT?s tools and processes
SPECIFIC SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organizational and task management skills, including detail-orientedness and timeliness
- Excellent attitude and ability to work well within a team
- Expert in written and verbal communication skills, particularly with internal team members and clients/customers
- Expert at creative problem-solving
- Strong focus on the customer, including listening to and understanding the needs of the client
- Familiarity with data management systems 2-4 years in communications or related field
Our summer opportunities program for ALL students allows them to explore the world through adventure and service! For over 28 years we have been developing enriching travel experiences including adventure, scuba, service and language immersion. Our travels are programmed to challenge each individual and the group to push through boundaries in search of a greater sense of purpose. We strive to inspire those who participate to act and make a difference.
For more information, click here