SITKA® Gear Buyer / Planner
Posted by Sitka Gear on 11/04/2019
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Retail - Sales
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Primary Location: North America-United States-Montana-Bozeman
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Shift: Day (1st shift)
About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates. Learn More.
About the Industry: The Gore family of consumer products, including our revolutionary GORE OPTIFADE Concealment, is designed to provide superior performance in a wide range of applications. Learn More.
About the Role: W. L. Gore is seeking a Buyer/Planner to join our Fabrics Division located in Bozeman, Montana. The Buyer/Planner, using the production plan generated in the S&OP process, is responsible for creating the monthly and weekly production requirements and inventory plans that fulfill demand requirements. They utilize capacity analysis and customer service policies to govern schedules for finished product inventory plans.
- Supply Chain Strategy & Execution:
- Translating the Supply Plan into purchase orders for contract manufacturers. This includes PO creation, receipt scheduling, price confirmation and date maintenance
- Creating and communicating the production schedule for finished goods at the SKU/end item level at a weekly level
- Maintaining and providing valid available to promise (ATP) data
- Identifying and resolving conflicts with supply and demand and available capacity
- Analyzing inventory stocking strategies and recommending improvements
- Participating in the Supply Review and representing the production schedule and relationship to the aggregate supply plan
- Functional Excellence & Continuous Improvement:
- Being responsible for continuous improvement of the production scheduling process, practices, policies and metrics
- Being the subject matter expert in Supply Chain Planning tools
- BS/BA degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Technical field and a minimum of 1 year relevant industry experience in production scheduling, distribution planning, material planning, or continuous improvement
- Expertise in:
- ERP functionality to support master scheduling process
- Sales & Operations Planning processes in the mid and short term horizons
- Knowledge of modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios
- Knowledge of asset reliability and productivity
- Deep understanding of inventory management & replenishment methods
- Demonstrated success in working with external contract manufacturers to meet supply requirements
- Analytical skills (advanced Excel)
- Basic Financial acumen
- On occasion off hours calls(pull from other posting)
- Hunting Industry lingo
- Experience in a consumer goods industry, specifically with seasonal apparel or sporting goods businesses
- APICS CPIM and Continuous Improvement certification preferred
- Energized and experienced in supply chain systems and computer programming
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Health & Well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development.
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Our Talent Acquisition Team will be pleased to answer your questions via contact us.
About Sitka Gear
SITKA Gear exists to elevate the standard against which all other hunting brands are measured in product design, content authenticity, customer service, and environmental stewardship.
We engineer gear to solve problems plaguing our core users. We create authentic media to inspire, delight, and enlighten hunters.
We provide excellent customer service. We stand up for our dealers, who in return make our customers' lives easier. We invest in efficient organizations that improve the future of hunting, wildlife, habitat health, and public access.
We embrace the global initiatives of Gore-Tex® to implement ecologically sound and socially responsible textile manufacturing practices.