SITKA® Supply Chain Planner
Posted by Sitka Gear on 11/04/2019
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Retail - Sales
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Primary Location: North America-United States-Montana-Bozeman
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day (1st shift)
About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates. Learn More.
About the Industry: The Gore family of consumer products, including our revolutionary GORE OPTIFADE Concealment, is designed to provide superior performance in a wide range of applications. Learn More.
About the Role: W. L. Gore is seeking a Supply Chain Planner to join our team in Bozeman, Montana. In this role, you will generate demand & supply scenario plans for consideration by the Fabrics Vertical Business Leader and be part of the decision making process. S/he will develop inventory strategies in alignment with supply chain and business objectives. The Demand & Supply Planner will facilitate the Demand & Supply Review process of the Fabrics Vertical Business S&OP process.
- Demand & Supply Strategy & Execution:
- Reviewing historical sales trends, identifying demand drivers, and coordinating cross functional research activities to gather input, reconciling forecast variances and updating Sales/Commercial Team assumptions
- Building unit/revenue demand forecast at multiple levels of aggregation (Activity, Channel, Product Family etc)
- Leading monthly cross-functional (Sales, Marketing, Product) discussions on product and forecast needs, and reviewing inventory in order to adjust in season demand plan/forecast and managing inventory strategies (end of life, new products etc)
- Supporting Business Leadership with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Managing supply constraints and effectively communicating supply chain decisions which support key business objectives and minimizing end to end supply chain disruption
- Partnering with Supply Planners to manage purchase orders to ensure optimal delivery on time to customers S&OP
- Playing an integral role in the monthly S&OP process by facilitating the demand and supply process reviews
- Escalating constraints and financial implications to leadership for visibility and reconciliation
- Functional Excellence & Continuous Improvement:
- Championing the creation and reporting of demand & supply planning metrics and communicating impact to S&OP community
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives of the demand and supply planning processes
- BS/BA degree in Supply Chain, business, or technical field AND minimum 5 years direct experience in demand planning in a consumer goods company and one or more of the following OR High School diploma and at least 10 years direct experience in demand planning in a consumer goods company and one or more of the following:
- Merchandise Planning, Account Managements, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Planning, Buyer or Master Scheduling
- Deep expertise in Sales & Operations Planning processes in the mid and long term horizons
- Deep expertise in inventory management practices and procedures
- Demonstrated experience working with Sales Teams to analyze point of sale information, industry trends and demand patterns to develop effect forecast models and produce accurate forecasts
- Demonstrated experience implementing solutions that improved forecast accuracy
- Demonstrated experience conducting buy plans in a consumer goods company with multi channel distribution
- Demonstrated global supply chain experience managing virtual meetings and calls during non-traditional work hours
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, communicate, influence and implement solutions both internal and with external suppliers in a global environment
- An understanding of the brand and an appreciation of hunting
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Health & Well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development.
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Our Talent Acquisition Team will be pleased to answer your questions via contact us.
About Sitka Gear
SITKA Gear exists to elevate the standard against which all other hunting brands are measured in product design, content authenticity, customer service, and environmental stewardship.
We engineer gear to solve problems plaguing our core users. We create authentic media to inspire, delight, and enlighten hunters.
We provide excellent customer service. We stand up for our dealers, who in return make our customers' lives easier. We invest in efficient organizations that improve the future of hunting, wildlife, habitat health, and public access.
We embrace the global initiatives of Gore-Tex® to implement ecologically sound and socially responsible textile manufacturing practices.