Sales & Market Analyst
Posted by Petzl America on 11/06/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Business Opportunities
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Robyn George
Contact Phone: 8019261514
Business Phone: 8019261514
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Sales & Market Analyst position will play a key role in the continued growth and success of the Sport Division by monitoring specialty account sales trends, tracking and providing reports on opportunity/threat analysis, promotional ROI and forecasting sales. The role will require collaboration with the Key Account Specialist in market research and competitive analysis to help grow sales and market share. This individual will contribute to the streamlining of sales process in facilitating and distributing seasonal go-to-market tools.
Skills and Requirements:
- Professional experience with business analysis, sales, forecasting, and sales administration
- Strong proficiency in data analysis including:
- high level of mathematical ability
- analyze, model and interpret data in a methodical and logical approach
- ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- accuracy and attention to detail
- identify corrupt and irrelevant data
- prepare reports and consolidated summaries based on analysis
- Proficient user in Microsoft Power BI, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of sport climbing gear and headlamp markets
- Demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Possess organization skills and leadership abilities
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- Year experience in field/career: 5
Tasks and Responsibilities:
= Analyze specialty sport sales, product level forecasts and allocations at a detailed level.
o Coordinate with supply chain to ensure an ideal balance between product supply and demand.
= Assist in the development of sales-specific strategies for reaching key metrics based on specialty business and industry trends.
o Generate routine executive summary on sales gaps/achievements, trends, missed and potential sales opportunities.
= Continuous competitive analysis & reporting by brand, category, product/model (features, benefits, price, including discounts, seasonal programs, specials, etc.)
o Focus on existing / proposed new products: design, development and marketability.
= Responsible for North American market research and analysis, including NPD research and compilation.
= Responsible for the facilitation, coordination and distribution of all go-to-market sales tools to the salesforce, including seasonal salesman samples and promotional product.
o Proof and review of sales tools developed by Petzl America as needed, including content, layout, and pricing integrity.
= Assist with updating CSS Product display wall, especially new or changing products, in coordination with the CSS Team.
= Manage and coordinate logistics for seasonal sales meetings.
= Other duties and special projects as necessary.