Industry Sector: Action, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer, Service, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Hourly
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Seasonal Tech Associate
On-site at our Golden CO headquarters
COVID-19 Vaccinations: Powder7 requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
Powder7 ski techs mount, tune, and repair skis for in-store customers and online orders. After completing a paid two-week training program, a first-year ski tech (Tech 1) will continue their education throughout the season to refine their skills and proficiency within Powder7’s operational structure. You will need to have a strong work ethic and work well alongside others. You will split duties mounting skis, tuning skis and repairing skis. You will learn how to prioritize the day’s workload to maximize efficiency. And, because you’re a ski tech, you’ll make dreams come true for skiers everywhere.
- Complete the required two-week training program
- Continued education throughout the season to further build knowledge and experience
- Be ready to work in the designated tech station that you have been appointed to for the day. These shifts rotate daily.
- Mounting Skis
- In-store customer mounts (usually includes binding adjustment)
- Shipping mounts (mounting to Boot Sole Length only, no adjustment)
- Binding adjustments on Wintersteiger Safetronic machine
- Tuning Skis
- In-store customer tunes
- Used demo / trade-in tunes
- Repairing Skis
- Fixing core shots & deeper scratches in ski bases
- Epoxy repairs to topsheet of skis
- Repairing or replacing broken ski bindings / brakes
- Other Services
- Hot wax or Belt wax
- Ski edge sharpening
- Ski base grinds
- DPS Phantom treatments to ski bases
- Climbing skin trimming / cutting
- Maintain the Wintersteiger Maintenance Checklist to keep the entire fleet of equipment clean and in working order
- Perform daily checks of mounting and tuning supplies
- Report to your Manager or Supervisor what is needed
When you'll do it:
Starting in August/September and working until March 31, 2023. In March, staffing levels are evaluated and considerations about the next year are made. There may be an opportunity to stay on as a year round employee of the shop based on performance, work ethic, and the needs of the shop.
Peak season schedule (September - March) consists of 4 x 10hr shifts (8AM-6PM) with 2 consecutive days off. Off-season schedule (April - September) consists of 4 x 8hr shifts (8AM-4PM). During both seasons you will be scheduled on at least one weekend day, which in ski shop speak means two weekdays off (read: no lines, no crowds, no I-70 traffic). You must be available to work through the holiday season. Retail, baby.
What's in it for you?
- Health insurance.
- Product testing.
- Professional level coffee/espresso machine.
- Discounts on gear.
- Access to industry perks.
- Company outings and events.
- Ski pass reimbursements.
- Lots of free lunches.
- A kitchen full of snacks
- Delivering stoke to our customers two skis at a time.
So, you in?
- 1. Complete the Job Application here.
- 2. Email your resume to us at email@example.com.
That's it. We don't accept phone calls, in-person applications, or incomplete applications. Position stays posted until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity statement:
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We strive to find ways to attract, develop, and retain the talent needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live and serve. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.