Lead Sea Kayak Guide Manager
Posted by Alki Kayak Tours on 02/03/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: , Guide (raft,fish,bike hunt,horse etc.), Management, Operations, Outdoor Education, Retail - Management- Staff
Company Type: Gym/Outfitter, HardGoods/Equipment, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Seasonal
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Lead Sea Kayak Guide
Alki Kayak Tours Seattle, Washington
Seeking an Experienced Full Time Lead Sea Kayak Guide
Do you love Seattle and enjoy the outdoors? Alki Kayak Tours is the leading Kayak/Sup rental and tour facility in Seattle, WA. Located on Elliott Bay in beautiful West Seattle, Alki Kayak Tours serves thousands of visitors and locals each summer. We are in search of a Lead Sea Kayak Guide to join our team of kayak guides, instructors, and rental staff.
Busy days on the beach, requires effective leadership in a fast paced environment with varying situations. On slower days you will be self-sufficient, innovative and able to manage other employees. This is a seasonal, weather dependent business that thrives on interaction with others to draw in new customers and get them stoked on getting out on the water. There is an option to work with us in the winter working in our ski and snowboard shop, Mountain to Sound Outfitters, also in West Seattle.
We are a major destination during holidays and peak summer so please consider this before applying. Our normal rental/tour season runs from March-October.
- Experience Leading Sea Kayak Tours
- Knowledgeable of water sports (kayaking, canoeing, sup, surf, etc.)
- Professional managing/team leading experience
- Desire and ability to learn new skills in the outdoor industry
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Physical ability to lift 50-75lbs
- Enthusiastic skier or snowboarder
- Comfortable with running computer systems and reporting software
- Project Management experience
- ACA Certified
- Knowledge of all equipment and their uses at Alki Kayak Tours
- Oversee and manage up to 15 Guides/Instructors
- Ability to provide kayak and sup tours or classes
- Create schedules
- Supervise maintenance and repair of equipment and operate a maintenance schedule.
- Maintain tour/class reservation system
- Organizing large events/tours. Guide sea kayak tours during early and late season.
- Email response
- Point of Sale operations
- Consciousness of surroundings-Ability to read weather and water
- Preform land/water rescues (after completing training)
- Drive a van and trailer
- Operate and maintain outboard motors for rental and safety vessels
- Uphold and communicate all rules of Alki Kayak Tours
Alki Kayak Tours is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply if you feel like this would be the best fit for you. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com to apply.
Check out our website or visit our retail store Mountain to Sound Outfitters to learn more about us.
About Alki Kayak Tours
At Alki Kayak Tours, we are committed to the conservation and preservation of Puget Sound as a working marine ecosystem that supports the industries of Seattle as well as the spawning salmon headed up the Duwamish River. Our guides provide an additional set of eyes on the Sound looking over its well-being for preventable ecological harm. We utilize the best management practices and focus on leaving the smallest possible ecological footprint when operating tours. Our tours are a forum where the Puget Sound community and tourists alike can discuss and learn about the history and ecosystems of the Sound. Our guides offer meaningful commentary with the goal of having every paddler leave with a greater understanding and appreciation of this unique corner of the world.