Hualapai River Runners Manager
Posted by Grand Canyon Resort Corporation on 03/06/2020
Industry Sector: Action, Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Management, Operations
Company Type: Recreation, Retailer, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Department: Hualapai River Running
Salary Range: DOE
Responsible for all aspects of Hualapai River Running. Responsible for providing an outstanding experience for guests taking River Rafting trips. Direct supervision of the Operations manager. Ensures optimum performance and continuous improvement in all areas, including guest experiences, safety, staff, facilities, equipment and vehicles. Responsible for financial oversight of operations, forecasting revenues and expenses to meet company goals, annual budget and business decisions for HRR. Implements strategic decisions developed and approved by Grand Canyon Resort Corporations’ Executive Leadership. Responsible for the overall workload, productivity, development, motivation and performance of HRR employees.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Prior leadership experience with knowledge of the Hualapai Indian Reservation, natural resources and of river rafting experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to make financial, budgetary and business decisions.
- Computer literate with demonstrated ability to use business and accounting software.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse group of guests and tour groups and provide prompt, outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to understand questions being asked and provide detailed information.
- Ability to lead, coach, train, develop and motivate employees to ensure customer expectations are exceeded and handled promptly, safely, accurately and courteously. Act as a role model in providing the best possible guest experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner and handle escalated issues or guests that are not happy. Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a team environment, multi-task efficiently and maintain positive working relationships. Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Grand Canyon West locations and operations, Hualapai River Running and Hualapai history and culture.
- Responsible for Hualapai River Running operations. Working with Operations Manager, ensure that the guest services provided promote exemplary services and promotes employee excellence.
- Lead, coach, train, develop and motivate all HRR employees.
- Responsible for proper use, operation and maintenance of all equipment and facilities. Ensure maintenance plans are in place for vehicles and equipment. Responsible for forecasting improvements, as needed. Responsible for maintenance of all inventories and timely replenishment of supplies or replacement of equipment.
- Responsible for financial, budgetary and business decisions for HRR. Work with the CFO to develop and implement annual operation and capital budgets to maximize profitability. Monitor all revenues and control expenditures to achieve budgetary goals. Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all Financial Statements and reports. Complete a monthly review of the results and work with the Operations Manager regarding the need for operational corrections.
- Develop and oversee plans to maximize capacity and revenue. In conjunction with sales and marketing, develop annual revenue and expense projections and develop conceptual plans for river expeditions and new tour possibilities. Engage in local chamber of commerce and other business development groups, as well as regional and national activities, as directed by COO.
- Streamline operations for efficiency and develop a strategic action plan.
- Provide concise and accurate reports to the COO on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. Conduct presentations to the Board of Directors, as required.
- Develop, communicate and implement all HRR policies and procedures. Monitor policies and procedures, watching for the possible need to change in order to meet Company directives or guidelines.
- Perform regular and timely Performance Evaluation discussions and documentation with members of team and promote team environment while providing individual growth opportunities for Direct Reports. Hold managers and supervisors accountable for completing Performance Evaluations and discussions.
- Provide guests information and ensure new employees are trained regarding Hualapai history, culture, Hualapai River Running, tourism offerings and Grand Canyon West. Ensure all customer interactions are prompt, accurate and courteous.
- Ensure that all guest related issues are resolved promptly while maintaining a high degree of tactfulness and respect for the other party.
- Foster team environment and assist team in handling escalated issues or difficult or unhappy guests.
- Ensure that all communications are shared with employees in a timely and accurate manner, as appropriate.
- Keep the COO and CEO apprised of all issues and concerns.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Associates’ or Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Management or equivalent training and work experience in the day to day management of tour operations preferred. Must have knowledge of the Hualapai Indian Reservation, natural resources and river rafting expeditions.
- Preference given to Hualapai Tribal members.
Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check may be required. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be given to persons of Indian decent in accordance with Public law 88-353, Section 703 (7-2-71) and Public Law 93-638, Section 7B
About Grand Canyon Resort Corporation
Grand Canyon WEst has features you just won't find at the South or North rims. Get an aerial view of the Canyon through a glass bridge on the Skywalk, take a white water rafting tour with Hualapai River Runners, take a helicopter & boat tour, sour over cliffs on a zip line and explore the area's history at the Native American Village and Guano Point.
Grand Canyon West is just a two-hour drive from Las Vegas and a quick drive from Laughlin or Lake Havasu.