Brand / Product Manager- Eureka Brand
Posted by Johnson Outdoors Gear, Inc. on 03/13/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Product, Management - Brand, Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Do you want a chance to develop and market exceptional outdoor brands that transform consumers’ hiking and camping experience?
Join our team!
At Johnson Outdoors, home to some of the world’s most innovative and best-known outdoor recreation brands, we create amazing outdoor experiences - for adventurers, by adventurers. Go for the fun of it with Eureka!® tents, cooking stoves and camping gear, designed to deliver ease of use and complete comfort. We want people to get out and experience the great outdoors, and we create awesome gear to make sure people have the best experience possible from planning and packing to breaking camp.
Check us out on www.eurekacamping.com, or find us on Instagram and Facebook!
Based in beautiful and affordable Racine, Wisconsin, at our Headquarters on the shore of Lake Michigan, you’ll have incredible access to a variety of outdoor activities whether skiing and snowmobiling in winter, or hiking, sailing, fishing, kayaking or more in summer. Close to both Milwaukee and Chicago, the area boasts a wide variety of amenities including a vibrant arts and culture scene and a host of unique, creative dining options.
As our Brand/Product Manager for the Eureka!® brand, you’ll be responsible for leading and executing brand strategy and tactics to grow our business – ensuring that our ideas turn into actions that further our mission of opening the world through the amazing awe of the great outdoors.
For this highly visible role, we need an experienced marketer who can effectively translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies, and who can drive actions with measurable results. You will partner closely with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to bring innovative, profitable products to the market, and will have tremendous ability to make an impact.
If you’ve got a talent for marketing and innovation strategies, if you love the challenge of understanding consumers and what makes them tick, if you want to market innovative and award-winning products that are industry leaders, then you might just have what it takes to be a part of Johnson Outdoors!
Get in touch with us today! Email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to us at email@example.com.
What you will do:
- Lead and execute brand initiatives to strengthen equity, target consumer segment needs and align with the organizations larger umbrella of products.
- Lead the marketing plan, ensuring that marketing strategies support effective product positioning and the brand identity.
- Manage consumer market research studies and drive marketing insights analytics.
- Serve on cross-functional team consisting of engineering/R&D, sales and operations to create innovation strategies and briefs, platforms and new product segments based on consumer insight and market research.
- Perform initial business case development, consumer positioning and alignment to demand space. Manage product packaging, design and communication briefs.
- Oversee the new product process for the brand, ensuring targets, timelines and quality are achieved.
- Evaluate brand performance and competitiveness, measuring return on investment and key performance indicators.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- 7 years of progressive experience in brand, marketing and product development, which includes leading, planning and executing brand/marketing plans and product development initiatives within a global consumer goods environment.
- Experience and success in consumer intimacy and segmentation research to profitability grow the brand and align with the market. Ability to use research to effectively build our brand.
- Skills and proven success in executing product development plans and strategies to support the development of innovative and profitable products. ? Understanding of product margins/financials and significant analytical ability.
- Domestic travel and possible international travel required
- Comfortable working in a lean and fast-paced environment
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Share in the company’s success – Competitive base salary, with additional earning potential through our cash profit sharing and employee stock purchase plans.
- Find your work/life balance with generous paid time off and holiday benefits, health insurance and wellness plans.
- Further your career with training opportunities including our tuition assistance program.
- Plan for your future with our 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, life and LTD insurance, employee stock purchase plan, and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Johnson Outdoors (and all subsidiaries) without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. Johnson Outdoors is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources at HRSpecialAccommodations@johnsonoutdoors.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.