Posted by Neptune Mountaineering on 06/25/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
One of the finest outdoor stores in the country, Neptune Mountaineering based in Boulder, CO, has an excellent opportunity available for a marketing manager.
We’re looking for a collaborative leader who would be excited to work within a small but passionate, outdoor-focused team. This role is responsible for a wide variety of marketing initiatives including creating the marketing strategic plans and budgets, but it is also a hands-on role as the person in it will also be implementing the creative side of those plans.
For this reason, a marketing professional with creative and copywriting abilities coupled with the skills of a deadline driven project manager would be our ideal candidate. They’ll be in charge of our weekly email campaigns, the website content - including the blog content - print and social media advertising, in-store promotional events and the collateral creation needed for those events and our annual print catalog.
If people describe you as a self-starter with a can-do attitude, someone who is fanatically organized, a great communicator, compulsive about the details and being excellent in all you undertake, then you perfectly fit the type of person we’re looking for and we can’t wait to meet you.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of all marketing campaigns and ensure our messaging, promotional materials and collateral are on-brand, compelling and effective. ?
- In coordination with ownership develop the annual strategic marketing plan and budget.
- Owns and drives the promotional calendar.
- Work closely with the general manager, store manager, buyers and e-commerce manager to align on the promotional initiatives. Ensure that they are providing input and assets and prepared for and aware of the marketing initiatives.
- Manage the advertising campaign creation and ensure deadlines are met and our spend is within budget
- Manage all email campaigns, track performance, and optimize email send lists and cadence based on customer history and profiles.
- Directs the creation of content for the blog and web landing and collection pages; works closely with e-comm manager and external contractors to optimize keyword campaigns and SEO
- Create Facebook and Instagram posts and ads on a regular schedule and to align with seasonal sales promotions
- Creates the annual ‘Winter Dream Book’, brochures, postcards and other print pieces needed to promote and drive traffic to the brick & mortar store
- Supports both brick & mortar and e-commerce sales goals
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related field, or equivalent on-the-job experience.?
- Minimum 3+ years of marketing leadership experience
- A proven track record of developing successful marketing campaign initiatives across multiple channels for consumer lifestyle products
- Excellent copywriting skills; ability to consistently convey the brand ‘voice’ creatively and authentically in all communications
- Must possess a high level of personal initiative and the ability to work independently; a candidate with an entrepreneurial nature would be highly attractive
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; must be highly organized, detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Strong background in creating successful email marketing campaigns utilizing segmentation, as well as analytics using platforms such as Mail Chimp, Klaviyo or similar.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify or similar; basic skills in HTML/CSS would be a bonus
- Solid experience with digital marketing tools such as Facebook Ads Manager and Google Analytics; knowledge and experience with Google AdWords and SEO would be a plus
- Fluent user of Adobe Creative Cloud apps especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and proficient in all MS Office apps.
- Previous experience in retail marketing and/or e-commerce marketing is highly desirable
- Being an active user of the kinds of outdoor gear we sell would be extremely valuable
Salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive. When eligible for benefits they include health insurance, PTO and paid holidays, 401K with employer match, access to pro deals and discounts on gear and a fun, relaxed and dog-friendly workplace. This position can work remotely but will also need to spend periods at the office each week.
Send cover letter, pay requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Neptune Mountaineering
One of the most legendary mountain shops in the world, Neptune has been getting people geared up for climbing, skiing, camping & hiking for over 45 years. Offering an outstanding selection of the best outdoor gear brands and friendly, knowledgeable advice for all levels of climbers, skiers & adventurers.