Associate Sales Representative
Posted by Johnson Outdoors Inc. on 08/24/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Sales - Company Rep
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Are you an up-and-coming sales professional, living in the greater Portland area, ready to advance your sales career with a global organization where you can “work hard, play hard” and truly make an impact?
As our Associate Sales Representative, you’ll be responsible for accelerating sales growth for our Watercraft and Camping brands across your assigned region in the Pacific Northwest - furthering our mission of getting more people outside to engage with the amazing awe of the great outdoors again and again.
We are looking for a person who has a fire in their belly and a desire to succeed, with passions both for selling and for outdoor recreation. Candidates should be self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, and be an adventurous, active outdoors person with at least 1 year of sales/account management experience in a consumer goods environment.
At Johnson Outdoors, home to some of the world’s most innovative and best-known outdoor recreation brands, we create amazing outdoor experiences - for adventurers, by adventurers. Old Town® brings over 100 years of passion and authentic understanding in kayaks and canoes to drive the next great innovations on the water. Go for the fun of it with Eureka!® tents, cooking stoves and camping gear, designed to deliver ease of use and complete comfort. Wildly versatile Jetboil® cooking gear lets you enjoy hot, reviving meals wherever adventure takes you.
We want people to get out and experience the great outdoors, and we create awesome gear to make sure people have the best experience possible - from launch to landing, and from planning and packing to breaking camp.
If you’re driven, smart, someone who figures things out – and you like or want to learn to sell – this is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career in sales! If you also love the challenge of working with both small and large business partners, and if you want to market innovative, versatile and impressive products that are industry leaders, then you might just have what it takes to be a part of Johnson Outdoors!
Just 3 easy steps to get in touch with us today! #1 - Email your resume, #2 – Share your favorite outdoor adventures with us, #3 -Let us know your salary expectations. Send all this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll set and crush sales goals: You’ll work closely with the Sales Manager to determine and set sales goals for your territory and assigned products lines. You’ll collaborate remotely with an assigned Inside Sales Rep to ensure proper lead generation for new accounts and store penetration with optimum assortment.
- Customers will value your expertise. You’ll be the person they remember and want to see again and again. You’ll effectively listen to customer perspectives, identify business needs, and provide education on products, product features and how JO products benefit their business. You’ll be responsible to ensure all new product launches are effectively communicated and sold in to independent dealers and small group retailers.
- You’ll be the ultimate retailer partner: You’ll collaborate with your Sales Manager to develop and implement account marketing and promotional activities. You’ll track your stores for distribution gains and losses, planogram implementation and competitive activity, reporting merchandising performance to the Sales Manager. You’ll be responsible for helping your accounts maintain in-store merchandising to JO standards, performing labor in-store as needed.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- A minimum of 1 year of providing sales and customer support within a consumer goods organization
- Demonstrated ability to locate sales leads within target customers groups via independent research and phone solicitation skills.
- An extroverted, customer-focused approach
- Active outdoor sports enthusiast: camping, hiking, kayaking, trail runner, fishing, mountain biking and more!
- Demonstrated skills to self-motivate, independently prioritize work and manage time.
- Ability to meticulously keep documentation/records within sales support tools.
- Challenger Training / Solution Sales preferred
- A willingness to travel! Extensive domestic travel required within assigned territory
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Share in the company’s success – Competitive base salary, with additional earning potential through our cash profit sharing and employee stock purchase plans.
- Find your work/life balance with generous paid time off and holiday benefits, health insurance and wellness plans.
- Further your career with training opportunities including our tuition assistance program.
- Plan for your future with our 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, life and LTD insurance, employee stock purchase plan, and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Johnson Outdoors (and all subsidiaries) without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. Johnson Outdoors is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources at HRSpecialAccommodations@johnsonoutdoors.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.