Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Business Opportunities, Camp Staff & Counselors, Customer Service, Hospitality & Lodge Staff, Management, Merchandising, Operations, Outdoor Education, Outfitter- Adventure Travel Staff, Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Retail - Management- Staff, Ski Resort - Adventure Park Staff
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, Recreation, Retail, TravelandTourism
City: Park City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Senior Level
Salary: $70,000 +
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Activities Director will be responsible overseeing the recreation operations for the Resort.
BENEFITS. WELLNESS & PRIVILEGES
- Affordable Housing
- Ski & Snowboard Pass/Tickets
- Associate Discounts on Food & Beverage, Spa & Retail
- Complimentary Meals While at Work
- Covered Parking
- Uniform Laundry Services
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Dental & Vision benefits
- 401K program with matched contributions
- A Competitive and Modern PTO policy
- Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Associate Accommodation Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training, Growth & Development
Essential Job Functions
- Ongoing creative development of resort programming for both summer and winter season.
- Execution of guest ski experience, bike rental and Montage Expeditions.
- Management and purchase of rental equipment, strategic retail buy strategies.
- Provide support to Paintbox children’s activities center.
- Responsible for department accuracy of department financials.
- Mentoring of all managers and supervisors with direct reports.
- Clear communication with Director of Rooms.
- Primary resource for training recreation guides, managing brand partnerships in conjunction with Montage International, and an avid participator in many recreational activities.
- College Degree or educational equivalent preferred
- 5 years of experience in skier services
- 5 years of experience with outdoor retail
- 4 years of managerial experience in recreation, ski, or bike industry
- Luxury hospitality experience is a plus
- Strong passion for customer service; experience handling and resolving guest concerns in a timely manner
- Must be organized
- Strong business acumen
- Strong verbal communication skills-ability to communicate effectively with guests and vendors
- Must be able to pass all binding indemnification test from all ski manufacturers in skier services
- Have a vast array of knowledge about recreational activities applicable to Park City while understanding industry trends
Work tasks are performed indoors and outdoors. There is no effective protection from weather. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs frequently. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill ski equipment handling tasks.