Posted by Bear Valley Adventure Company on 09/12/2020
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Customer Service, Management - Sales, Management - Team, Public Relations, Purchasing, Retail - Management- Staff, Retail - Sales, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, Events, HardGoods/Equipment, Nutrition, Recreation, Retailer, TravelandTourism
City: Bear Valley
Country: United States
Contact Name: Aaron Johnson
Business Phone: (209) 753-2834
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Position: Retail Manager Department: Store Operations
Manager: General Manager Job Status: Full-time Year-round
Effective Date: Immediately
The Bear Valley Adventure Company (BVAC) is seeking a talented and motivated individual to lead our store's purchasing and selling of adventure-based products. This is a unique opportunity for somebody who thrives in a fast-paced environment and desires to a small-town vibe. BVAC is a multi-faceted business that operates a world-class cross-country ski and snowshoe center in the winter, and a year-round gas station and store providing camping, fishing, bicycling, nordic skis, clothing, and mini-mart goods. Think of our store as a mini-REI. BVAC is the cornerstone business of Bear Valley and is known for its friendly service and the "go-to" place for adventure gear and information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee purchasing, receiving, and stocking of store retail products.
- Become the POS specialist to maximize efficiencies and reporting of sales and COGS.
- Develop a rapport with vendors and maintain excellent relationships and product knowledge.
- Rotate and maintain product lines that are valuable to visitors and our local community.
- Manage controllable costs to keep operations profitable.
- Be present and available in the store during operating hours.
- Provide leadership to store staff on the values of excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with outside operations to enable seamless rentals, lessons, and special events.
- Throughout the day, interact with customers and staff with a genuine smile.
- Assist customers in finding the appropriate gear, rental equipment, clothing, and whatever else is needed to have a spectacular day in the mountains.
- Follow company safety policies and procedures.
- Collaborate on staff training and meetings.
- Be stoked on Bear Valley!
BVAC was purchased, from the original owners of 40 years, by the Bear Valley Mountain Cooperative (BVMC) in December 2018. The original owners built a reputable business based on quality and integrity. The BVMC is a community-based group of 400+ individuals that are motivated in the betterment of Bear Valley. BVAC is at the forefront of this investment and is poised to reinvest profits back into the company to maintain and improve BVAC offerings and services.
BVAC & COVID-19:
BVAC is experiencing a surge of people visiting the mountains and enjoying the outdoors, and the inherent social distancing encouraged for COVD-19 precautions. BVAC is preparing for a busy winter season and is making changes to provide a safe working environment for both staff and guests. It's becoming increasingly important for people to find and participate in outdoor activities that offer "healthy spacing." We think BVAC is uniquely positioned to provide meaningful and memorable outdoor experiences this winter. If you are interested in joining a fun and motivated team, this could be the right job for you.
How to Apply:
Send an email of introduction with relevant work and life experiences to email@example.com. We love to talk about our work!