Posted by Bear Valley Adventure Company on 07/13/2021
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Admin/Clerical, Customer Service, Design - Accessories, Design - Apparel, Management - Sales, Merchandising, Purchasing, Retail - Sales, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, Events, HardGoods/Equipment, Nutrition, Recreation, Retailer, TravelandTourism
City: Bear Valley
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Aaron Johnson
Business Phone: (209) 753-2834
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Position: Retail Manager Department: Store Operations
Manager: General Manager Job Status: Full-time, Year-round
Effective date: September 1, 2021 (earlier if appropriate)
The Bear Valley Adventure Company (BVAC) is seeking a talented and motivated individual to lead our store in the purchasing and selling of adventure-based products. This is a unique opportunity for somebody who thrives in a fast-paced environment and desires a small-town mountain vibe. BVAC is a multi-faceted business that operates a world-class cross-country ski and snowshoe trail system, plus groomed sledding and tubing hills in the winter, a year-round store provide providing camping, fishing, bicycling, nordic skis, clothing, mini-mart goods, and a gas station. Plus we have a bike shop and new café onsite. Think of our store as a mini-REI that also serves gas and good food. BVAC is community owned business (see BVAC History below) and is the cornerstone business of Bear Valley and is known for its friendly service and the "go-to" place for adventure. Housing options available.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee purchasing, receiving, and stocking of store retail products.
- Become the POS specialist to maximize efficiencies and reporting of sales and COGS.
- Develop a rapport with vendors and maintain excellent relationships and product knowledge.
- Rotate and maintain product lines that are valuable to visitors and our local community.
- Manage controllable costs to keep operations profitable.
- Be present and available in the store during operating hours.
- Provide leadership to store staff on the values of excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with outside operations to enable seamless rentals, lessons, and special events.
- Throughout the day, interact with customers and staff with a genuine smile.
- Assist customers in finding the appropriate gear, rental equipment, clothing, and whatever else is needed to have a spectacular day in the mountains.
- Follow company safety policies and procedures.
- Collaborate on staff training and meetings.
- Be stoked on Bear Valley!
BVAC was purchased, from the original owners of 40 years, by the Bear Valley Mountain Cooperative (BVMC) in December 2018. The original owners built a reputable business based on quality and integrity. The BVMC is a community-based group of 400+ individuals that are motivated in the betterment of Bear Valley. BVAC is at the forefront of this investment and is poised to reinvest profits back into the company to maintain and improve BVAC offerings and services.
How to Apply:
Send an email of introduction with relevant work and life experiences to email@example.com.