Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
We know that’s trying to fancy the terminology… think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, bicycles, stationary bicycles, treadmills, scooters, & electric skateboards just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team. Located in our Denver office, you will provide technical advice, service and support to sales representatives, resellers and customers for the proper selection of power transmission products, supporting product design, validation, commercialization, and troubleshooting; provides technical training to Gates team members and customers to expand best practice engineering for these mobility markets. The application engineering role will also help identify needed technical and marketing tools, as well as support and possibly lead their development. This Global Mobility position focuses on ebikes, and also includes bicycles, and fitness applications. The engineering support will often be global in nature, supporting international colleagues, and OE customers that have product management, production, and sales across the globe.
Key responsibilities (to name a few):
- Provide engineering support and training to internal and external customers in the proper application and selection of belt drive systems
- Work with many ebike OE’s globally to help optimize their drivetrain selection on new and exciting car replacement vehicles
- Perform mechanical design of sprocket and drive system components using CAD
- Manage and/or participate in technical projects or longer term department activities
- Explains complex, difficult and/or sensitive information centered around consensus
- 2+ years’ of experience in engineering design, support, and training
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering required
- Experience with foreign cultures a plus
- Attention to detail, particularly in the preparation of presentations, technical literature and design manuals
- Strong English written and verbal communication; as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills with the ability to prioritize resources and project timelines
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, along with basic competence in CAD such as Solid Works
- This position could require travel for customer support within and outisde the United States
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as “One Gates” and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best we also want to give you the best. That’s why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of “Dress for your Day” (yes - that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to our ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit www.gates.com/careers
to learn more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBLITY?