Pro Sales Manager
Posted by Black Diamond Retail, Inc. on 02/04/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Ecommerce Management
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 80000 - 100000
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
This role will develop, facilitate, and oversee growth through organizations, manage partnerships, and facilitate individual pro acquisition through these channels. Once pros and organizations are acquired, the Pro Manager will work with the Performance Marketing Manager and Retention Marketing Manager to create and implement a strategy to grow sales. The Professional Manager should provide monthly, quarterly, yearly, and when necessary, ad-hoc analytical views of the business. As the primary internal and external point of contact for the BD Pro business, this person must always display, convey, and communicate (written and verbal) a professional image and sense of purpose that enables all partners to embrace the program. As necessary, this person will attend regional shows, demos, and clinics to promote the BD Professional programs.
- Authorized and responsible for all aspects of administrating, managing, and maintaining the Professional Sales Program, in accordance with approved program parameters and current BD terms, conditions, pricing and availability.
- Growth of the Professional program at both the individual and organization level by working with internal systems, managing outside agencies, working with reps, and aligning with the Digital Marketing team to drive growth.
- Work with Ecommerce team, Performance Marketing Manager, and Email Marketing Manager to develop messaging, customer lifecycle management, and web promotions/initiatives to reach sales goals.
- Manage existing BD partnerships from a pro perspective, including but not limited to negotiating terms in contract for deliverables for BD Pro and working with marketing to collect assets and analysis of ROI working with partners.
- Identify and pursue new partnership opportunities and leverage existing partnerships for incremental growth of the program.
- Responsible for managing the Direct Professional Sales Supervisor position. This includes hiring, conducting annual performance evaluations and where necessary, presenting constructive feedback. This role will set the tone and responsibility set for the Professional Assistant by outlining core responsibilities and expectations.
- Authorized and responsible to submit a budget plan for the Professional Sales portion of the annual budget. Responsible to adjust, track and maintain that portion of the budget to meet department goals.
- Authorized to travel or manage the travel and logistics needed to assist with trade shows, conferences, demonstrations, clinics, and other sales events as determined by the program sales initiatives and sales plan.
- Responsible to work with Sr. Ecommerce Manager to provide seasonal forecasts to supply chain management to ensure availability of product to reach sales goals.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred: Degree in Business
- Required: 6 years' experience in retail, wholesale sales or customer service, specifically in climbing and back country ski equipment industry. 4 years' experience selling directly to the professional community and or government entities.
Skills and General Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills mandatory. Sales and a complete technical knowledge are a must. Time management, account management, and computer skills are essential/mandatory (spreadsheets, word processing, Internet). Must be articulate, detail oriented, and project the appropriate company image. The ability to present professionally to various size audiences a must.
Required licenses: Driver's License.
At BD, benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, as well as other wellness benefits, 401k, vacation and wellness time off, and company paid holidays. If that isn't enough, we are also a pet-friendly workplace with a casual dress code! If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy employee discounts on BD gear and apparel.
Black Diamond is and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.