Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
The Service Center Specialist I will assist the Service Center Supervisor by processing, tracking, repairing and replacing customer returns. Concisely and professionally respond to customer and fellow employee product questions. Pursue opportunities to inform customers on new products and upsell whenever possible. Exercise judgment in financial and customer relation related matters to resolve conflict and maintain brand loyalty. Must be an outdoor enthusiast with knowledge in all platform products used in order to maintain and project BD image to our customers.
- Responsible and authorized to perform repairs on customer returns, such as (but not limited to) boot repairs, binding repairs, other ski equipment repairs, tent repairs, backpack repairs, and climbing equipment repairs.
- Responsible and authorized to efficiently handle walk-in customers regarding returns and repairs of BD product, as directed by Supervisor.
- Responsible to do preliminary receiving of returns & make preliminary judgment regarding disposition of return (replace, repair, deny claim) and stage return by day's end. Responsible and authorized to pack and ship all repairs to customers.
- Responsible and authorized to disposition and maintain non-repairable product, tools, and materials in a neat and organized fashion; to notify QA to examine and destroy returns.
- Responsible and authorized to accurately assess and collect defective returns related data for use in closed-loop PLM analysis
- Acquire an extensive base of knowledge of all products for each brand on the Black Diamond platform.
- Responsible and authorized to follow all ISO guidelines in accordance with BD Quality procedures.
- Responsible and authorized to act as public liaison and project the appropriate BD.inc image for all BD including customers.
- Required: High School diploma.
- Preferred: Military experience, some college, or bachelor's degree.
- Required: 0-3 years of customer service.
- Preferred: Additional mechanical/repair equipment experience and customer service and or retail sales experience including phone and email correspondence. One year experience in ski shop repairs. Must be an active climber and skier.
Skills and General Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory. Able to operate repair equipment for boots, ski equipment, tents, apparel, backpacks and some climbing equipment tools. Articulate, friendly and able to courteously help all customers with repairs and returns. Well organized and detail oriented. Must have good customer relations skills especially the ability to deal pleasantly and efficiently with conflict.
At BD, benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, as well as other wellness benefits, 401k, vacation and wellness time off, and company paid holidays. If that isn't enough, we are also a pet-friendly workplace with a casual dress code! If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy employee discounts on BD gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.Apply HerePI130298218