Industrial Designer/Product Designer
Posted by Kuat on 02/25/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Design & Development - Product
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
We are pursuing a designer who is familiar with the full range of categories of hardgoods we currently offer, and one who has a shared passion for design, destination hardware, and respect for the outdoors. The ideal candidate is creative, curious, driven to improve daily, and can articulate visually the ideas storyboarded by all stakeholders and the R&D team. The projects will range from ideation and concepts to fully developed models for manufacturing.
This Industrial Designer position is responsible for envisioning new ways to improve our current products by focusing on all aspects of product aesthetics and creating iterations, concepts, models and prototyping for all future projects. The designer will work in close collaboration with all Design, Product, and Testing Engineers and will coordinate with R&D management to help fully develop the most innovative industry changing new hardgoods we are dreaming about.
Functions and Duties:
- Provide design support to create the look and feel for concepts that meet stakeholder approval, and be able to pivot to develop refinements.
- Juggle different projects simultaneously and efficiently to meet timeline requirements.
- Speak up for the value of the aesthetics of every project.
- Utilize your working knowledge of the correct material and manufacturing processes.
- Continually communicate project status.
- Process changes to legacy projects in a timely and direct manner.
- Seek out aspects of design, with crossover into possible new projects.
- Integrate effectively into our current design group and fast paced environment.
- Uncover problems and develop them into ideas that become solutions.
- Stay curious about new technologies and materials.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-3 years of work experience as an Industrial Designer/Product Designer
- Proficient use of Solidworks or comparable modeling software
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate dynamically.
- Excellent working knowledge of materials and material processes, with specific knowledge in plastic injection molding, die cast, and extrusions.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in all phases of product development.
- Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and initiative-if you can think it, we can try it.
Küat benefits begin on hire date with 50% company paid medical and a generous 401k company match. Company performance sharing, paid parental leave, PTO, kitchen, in-house gym, showers, lockers, laundry , community garden, a dog run and beehives. We also have a disc golf course, on-sight trails and over 200 miles of single track within a couple of hours, world class rock climbing, and hundreds of miles of picturesque rivers.
Kuat Innovations LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Küat Racks designs lightweight, stylish, and easy-to-use products that helps cyclists and adventurers get out and do more. What began as an idea for a better way to transport bikes in 2008 has evolved into a thriving company that creates high-end, awesomely engineered hitch racks, roof racks, and accessories that push the envelope of innovation.
Team Küat is comprised of avid cyclists, outdoor enthusiasts, and fine ale connoisseurs. This motley crew of dreamers and schemers pool together their diverse talents and interests to bring you sharp design, quality products, and awesome customer service.