Customer Service Rep (bike parts)
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $16-20 an hour
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
The Customer Service Representative will work with Wheels Manufacturing customers to provide product support and respond to warranty questions and concerns. Additionally, this person will assist the customer in identifying which Wheels Manufacturing products can fulfill their repair and service needs. This individual will be responsible for customer order entry via phone, email, or in the Wheels Manufacturing Magento e-commerce software platform, and will work collaboratively with Wheels Manufacturing shipping department to ensure that all “Wheels Direct” customer orders are fulfilled each day.
Benefits and Pay:
This is a full time, benefit eligible job. We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) plans to begin on the first of the month following 30 days. In addition, accrued Paid Time Off is offered which is generally 14 days earned within 12 months. The hiring range for this role is $16-$20 an hour, depending on experience.
- Provide excellent service to Wheels Manufacturing customers to ensure they have a positive experience and receive the products or information they need.
- Become a subject matter expert regarding Wheels Mfg.’s products and technical information, and be able to communicate in a clear and concise way to Wheels Mfg’s customers.
- Stay current and informed of cycling industry news and trend and conduct product research and maintain product compatibility resources.
- Communicate and document any recurring operational or customer issues to supervisor in a timely manner
- Assist with Minimum Advertised Price policy (MAP) monitoring and enforcement program
- Provide monthly reporting from the Magento e-commerce platform, to your supervisor as needed.
- Make a positive contribution to Wheels Manufacturing’s culture, share best practices with the Sales team, learn continuously, and share feedback with others.
- Wear “multiple hats” to support the team by taking on special projects in areas such as shipping, order picking, or assembly.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service (responding to inquiries via email, phone, and social media)
- Basic understanding of product sales to customers. Excellent relationship building skills supplemented by self-awareness and continuous self-improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, as well as the ability to interpret others by observing tone and body language
- Intermediate working knowledge in Microsoft Office along with the ability to quickly learn other programs as needed.
- Experience with shipping software, picking orders and packaging
- Bicycle industry experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of bicycle parts and components.
- Adobe Magento E-Commerce platform or similar e-commerce platform experience.
- Up to 5% travel required which may include travel via airplane and/ or motor vehicle.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Duties will be performed in a climate-controlled environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- This position is mostly sedentary but may include periods of standing during the day.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens
Welcome to Wheels Manufacturing, one of the world’s largest suppliers of high-quality bicycle derailleur hangers, small parts, repair parts, and specialty tools. We started in 1988 in Boulder, Colorado as a small machine shop producing cog removal tools and chain ring spacers, and quickly grew into a large-scale manufacturing facility producing a full line of small parts totaling over 1000 products. We are now located in Louisville, Colorado about 10 miles from our original location.
At Wheels Manufacturing we offer a great place to work. We have less than 25 hard working employees in our small business environment. We offer a great total rewards package including competitive benefits, generous PTO, 401(k) with company match, bike and bike gear discounts, paid volunteering and commuter credits. We also do fun stuff like monthly company reviews with lunch and group bike rides.