Performance Marketing Manager
Posted by Leatherman on 05/26/2021
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Ecommerce Management, Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
When Tim Leatherman built the first American multipurpose tool, there were no CAD files, no blueprints. Just perseverance, imagination, and a little ingenuity. The result is a product that customers around the world have come to trust and use to solve problems big and small. That same spirit flows through our company today. It’s a place where you can help create solutions that improve the lives of our consumers and our communities. Where you can work with amazing folks that care for each other, learn from one another, and laugh—a lot. It’s a place where you can help build a better brand, and a better you.
We believe we are here to empower people for whatever life throws their way. Regardless of who you are, we believe that with the right tools in hand, anyone can achieve greatness. We believe we can make significant contributions to the world through innovation, so we value perseverance in our work and ingenious design in our products. We believe in growing and supporting our most valuable asset—our employees. That’s why we believe in integrity and authentic collaboration, which instills trust in one another and allows us to create global solutions that our competitors cannot copy. We believe in self honesty and humility which fuels change and growth from our failures. When we reflect these values, we believe we’re building a thriving culture that celebrates diversity, promotes personal and professional growth, develops respect for one another, and cultivates a community that can solve any problem.
Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Please visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The Performance Marketing Manager will drive the strategic direction of the Leatherman product offering and overall consumer brand and trade reporting directly to the Digital Marketing Manager, and with a dotted line to the Sr. Global Websites Manager. The Performance Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving online marketing revenue for Leatherman globally. As part of this role, you will implement and execute a strategy to create an optimal and efficient mix of online marketing revenue-driving campaigns. Your responsibilities will range from planning, implementing, analyzing and optimizing all online performance marketing activities around Paid Search, Organic Search, Paid Social, Paid Media, and Affiliate Marketing. You will be tasked with reviewing, refining, and applying a process, and structure to deliver on these results. You will then be responsible for driving continuous improvement across all these areas and looking for opportunities to drive more and better qualified traffic to the site.
- Work with Global Marketing team to align global and local marketing strategies.
- Drive revenue, achieve targeted ROI and maintain positive KPI trends; Determine monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and budgets based on eCommerce Revenue goals.
- Track and evaluate KPIs of all marketing channels (SEM, SEO, display, retargeting, shopping engines, affiliates, referring partners, social advertising, paid media, etc.) by country and determine necessary adjustments to optimize overall marketing effectiveness in line with budgeted marketing spend.
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines including researching, growing and optimizing keyword portfolios and bid management strategies and refining campaigns through ad copy tests, landing pages, negative keywords, etc.
- Oversee the media buying process, working with 3rd party media buying team, ensuring the correct and timely delivery of campaign materials.
- Work with affiliate networks to recruit new affiliates and negotiate commissions, build relationships and increase engagement with existing affiliates, ensuring the correct and timely delivery of campaign materials.
- Work with the Brand Marketing team to create aligned consumer communications across all channels (onsite, social, mobile, stores) and to ensure both strong commercial and consistent brand messages.
- Work with the Site Merchandising team on an annual site and campaign calendars, detailing the timelines of seasonal promotions, along with other campaigns.
- Site optimization: Provide context and feedback on opportunities on site (structure) and content to drive Search Engine Optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field (or equivalent commercial experience) with 5 years in ecommerce retail experience, either on agency or client side.
- 3+ years of experience in performance-based digital marketing.
- Detailed understanding/knowledge of Natural Search (required), Paid Search (required), promotions, and loyalty programs.
- Experience of mobile and paid social marketing including apps is preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage 3rd party external agencies.
- Demonstrate great commercial & industry acumen.
- Excellent working knowledge of web analytics tools and the ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources.
- Strong communication skills written & oral and ability to quickly build strong relationships.
- Ability to work cross functional with various teams.
- Ability to work across cultures and geographies to support local digital needs.
- Experience working within project management tools such as Asana or Jira preferred.
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Self-starter mentality and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Apply thru our website at www.leatherman.com or click the URL below:
Leatherman Tool Group is committed to providing a total rewards package to our employees that is a multipurpose as our products. Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation along with medical, dental, vision, disability life insurance, PTO, and our Employee Assistance Program. The package also includes a generous bonus plan, employee discount on products, eligibility upon hire for 401k contributions with up to 5% match and immediate vesting. Here at Leatherman we also believe in investing in the wellbeing of our team members through offerings like 10 paid holidays, our on-site health center with nutrition classes, a gym, an outdoor basketball court, a pickle ball court and an award winning wellness program. And because your success is our success we offer our employees opportunities for career advancement and personal growth with our tuition reimbursement program, online classes through LinkedIn Learning, and our job shadow program.
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.