Soft Goods Manager
Posted by Far Bank Enterprises on 06/29/2021
Industry Sector: Fishing, Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Apparel, Management - Team
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
City: Bainridge Island
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Soft Goods Manager
Location: Bainbridge Island and Seattle, WA
The Softgoods Manager is a full-time position and is responsible to visualize, develop and deliver softgoods products and programs that support Far Bank’s (Sage, RIO, Redington, Fly Water Travel) vision, goals, and growth strategies. They work in collaboration with multiple teams in the organization to advance the brands, and to achieve both short-term and long-term strategic priorities that are established for the success of the organization.
The Softgoods Manager utilizes their softgoods expertise and customer insights to identify trends and opportunities to create and deliver exceptional Far Bank softgoods. They will own softgoods development programs from conceptual design to delivery of domestic and internationally sourced product.
They will utilize their experience and skill in analysis, design, testing, development, and project management to deliver targeted products on time and budget. Their attention to detail and proactive work approach keeps their programs on track and creates a collaborative interdepartmental environment that results in effective and efficient new product introductions.
1. Play critical role in helping to identify and drive key softgoods programs for the Far Bank brands.
2. Maintain strong communication with internal teams, material sources, finished goods suppliers and industry partners.
3. Oversee all softgoods development activities including internal and external development and sourcing resources.
4. Assure products meet the targeted criteria including features, fit, durability, quality, cost, and timely delivery.
5. Develop, conduct, oversee and analyze required lab and field-testing data to assure products meet required performance, fit and durability standards.
6. Maintain strong supplier sourcing relationships to assure quality, competitive prices, and timely deliveries.
Develop and maintain comprehensive Tech Packs to
specify required components, materials, and construction methods.
- 5 years designing, developing, international sourcing, and delivering exceptional outdoor and active lifestyle softgoods.
- Experience in connecting with consumers to determine their preferences and buying habits.
- Strong interest and knowledge in the outdoors and active lifestyle products. The ability to understand the fly fishing market, so key opportunities can be quickly identified and driven to gain market share.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Illustrator.
- Highly motivated, flexible, self-directed, and outgoing Team oriented personality.
- Proven project management skills including planning, budgeting, time management, prioritization, problem solving, decision making, and communication - both written and verbal.
= Natural drive and curiosity to be tech savvy and on the leading edge of consumer research technologies and tools.
- Acute attention to detail and strong work ethic.
= Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising, Textiles or Softgoods/Apparel Development preferred.
As the leader in fly fishing, Far Bank Enterprises is comprised of the greatest brands in the industry: Sage, Redington, RIO Products, and Fly Water Travel . Founded in 1980, Sage is always striving to “perfect performance” with its Made in the USA fly rods and high-end fly reels. Redington was acquired in 2003 by Sage. Redington is a great provider of accessible fly-fishing rods, reels, waders, wading boots, and apparel for the value conscience angler. RIO Products joined the family in 2005, and is recognized as the world's leading producer of the highest performance fly lines, leader, and tippet for the specialty fly fishing market. In 2018, Fly Water Travel (FWT) brought a new experienced based component in an effort for all their brands to become more consumer centric. Far Bank Enterprises is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Joshua Green Corporation.
At Far Bank, their core purpose is to inspire the fly angler through outstanding products and extraordinary experiences for the fly fishing community. Every product and trip they design, produce, and curate is fanatically tested, and built with one goal in mind: giving the angler the absolute, hands-down, best of the fly fishing experience. In simple terms Far Bank demands performance that helps their customers cast better, fish more effectively, and just plain have more fun. They are also committed to supporting conservation efforts that protect and preserve their favorite waters and species, like the Snake River which runs a quarter mile behind their facility in Idaho Falls, Bristol Bay in Alaska, salmon in California, and Tarpon in Florida.