At Public Lands, we exist to celebrate and protect public lands for all. We believe these national treasures are meant to be explored, protected and celebrated so they may live on for generations. With this in mind, we seek to empower the passionate, to guide the curious and to celebrate the courageous on their journey to thrive outside. Our mission grounds us in the communities we serve and drives our commitment to inspire and enable a diverse community of people to experience the profound power of the outdoors, either in their backyards or in our nation’s public lands. We are also committed to our unmatched set of standards for environmental practices.
At the core of our brand is a dedication to provide products and experiences to any explorer in an effort to grow the number of people who love and seek to protect our public lands. We are driven to meet each explorer where they are in their journey, and to do it with an unapologetic commitment to style, quality and service. Our retail locations are designed to inspire and fuel a need to get outside. Our team lives and breathes for their next adventure, no matter how big or small. We are outdoor humans – connected by a common passion, shared experiences and style that is all our own.
As a Retail Bike Services Lead , you are responsible for our service and rental departments and keeping our explorers safe on the bike trails! The ideal candidate for this role is a skilled bike mechanic and has prior experience with assembly, service and repair of bike equipment.
This role is eligible for a $500 SIGN ON BONUS. Bonuses will be paid at your 6 month anniversary, less any applicable taxes.
Retail Bike Services Lead Responsibilities:
Service & Rental Shop Operations
* Preserve complete and accurate shop records and maintain record keeping systems
* Schedule and monitor the production of shop work to meet explorer demand
* Complete post accident inspections
* Own the schedule and inspection/repair process for rental operations ensuring equipment is available and ready for the explorers adventure
* Assist with maintaining equipment and ensuring a clean, secure and safe work environment
* Assist explorers through the rental process, focusing on the explorer experience and efficiency of rental form time
* Properly utilize the rental system to ensure all equipment is correctly checked out and checked in when returned
* Understand and communicate the rental & demo equipment packages and features to ensure the best match for the explorers
Building, Maintenance and Repair
* Lead the shop team in all services, including but not limited to:
* Cycle: minor repairs, changing flat tires, repairing/replacing parts; fitting accessories (lights, pannier racks or cycle computers), routine safety checks; cleaning, degreasing and lubricating bicycles and components, etc.
* Diagnose faults, damage and wear to give accurate estimates to explorers, and educating them on and whether repairs are essential or recommended
* Assemble new equipment and preform quality checks before handing off to the explorer
* Assist and educate explorers with the purchase including how to use and maintain their bike and/or snowsport equipment and accessories
* Support Company standards of selling and customer service by providing a friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every explorer and maintaining solid product knowledge.
* Contribute to sales results by knowing products and services, accurately communicating product information
* Demonstrate product uses and operation and provides details about merchandise specifications, maintenance, care, delivery, and warranties
* Complete sales transactions
* Assist in other departments as needed
Supervise & Develop Talent
* Work with management to build, train, and certify a team of technicians to carry out shop service
* Handle risk by ensuring all shop guides are trained and certified to the level of work they perform and all work meets vendor quality and safety specifications
* Train and mentor new hires by sharing experience, knowledge and best practices. Share timely feedback on projects, tasks and deliverables.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2+ years bike shop experience or assembly, service and repair of equipment preferred
* Excellent bike assembly skills
* Strong time management and prioritization skills
* Process and procedure oriented
* Strong product knowledge
* Enthusiasm and passion for assisting others with their outdoor needs
* Creates a culture that encourages a diverse and inclusive environment
* Ability to provide clear, constant and confident communication to explorers and guides
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
* Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
* Flexible availability preferred including nights, weekends and holidays
* Strong work ethic, time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Public Lands is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.