At Public Lands, we exist to celebrate and protect public lands for all. We believe these national treasures are meant to be explored, protected and celebrated so they may live on for generations. With this in mind, we seek to empower the passionate, to guide the curious and to celebrate the courageous on their journey to thrive outside. Our mission grounds us in the communities we serve and drives our commitment to inspire and enable a diverse community of people to experience the profound power of the outdoors, either in their backyards or in our nation’s public lands. We are also committed to our unmatched set of standards for environmental practices.
At the core of our brand is a dedication to provide products and experiences to any explorer in an effort to grow the number of people who love and seek to protect our public lands. We are driven to meet each explorer where they are in their journey, and to do it with an unapologetic commitment to style, quality and service. Our retail locations are designed to inspire and fuel a need to get outside. Our team lives and breathes for their next adventure, no matter how big or small. We are outdoor humans – connected by a common passion, shared experiences and style that is all our own.
As the Tackle & Paddle Sales Lead, you will bring your passion and experience to life by utilizing your expertise to educate and advocate for our explorers in store experience. This role will be expected to provide thoughtful product recommendations that fit the skill/experience level of each explorer that visits Public Lands.
This role is eligible for a $500 SIGN ON BONUS. Bonuses will be paid at your 6 month anniversary, less any applicable taxes.
Customer Service & Sales:
* Responsible for driving the highest level of customer service within our Tackle/Paddle department while engaging in behaviors that are in-line with company’s service and selling standards
* Bring to life the power of opinion. Making sure the explorer experience includes product experts who provide consultative advice while demonstrating excellent product knowledge
* Uphold Public Lands standards for merchandise presentation, showcasing the best apparel and equipment brands in sporting goods by following established floor sets, signing requirements, price changes, replenishment and recovery processes, in-stock, etc.
* Guide and educate explorers through their purchase by communicating information on use and maintenance of their Tackle/Paddle equipment and accessories
Scheduling & Operations:
* Assist the store management team with general supervision in the store in accordance with Company policies and procedures, including opening and closing the store, performing Front End and Cash Office functions
* Assist manager with department scheduling, directing workflow, daily guide assignments, and monitoring project status
* Communicate information to department guides regarding Company initiatives, programs, promotions, etc
* Maintaining Company loss prevention standards and controls
Mentoring & Developing Talent:
* Assist with training associates on Company procedures and programs; this includes new associate training and cross training current associates.
* Train and mentor new hires by sharing experience, knowledge and best practices. Share timely feedback on projects, tasks and deliverables
All Guides, (our associates), are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Creates a culture that encourages a diverse and inclusive environment
* Ability to provide clear, constant and confident communication to explorers and guides
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
* Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
* Flexible availability preferred including nights, weekends and holidays
* Strong work ethic, time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Public Lands is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.