Product Development Coordinator
Posted by Chums, Inc. on 07/19/2021
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Design & Development - Product
Company Type: Accessories, Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 43 - 48,000/yr
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
We are looking for a team player who will support our busy Product Development department. The Product Development Coordinator will provide resource support to product category regarding product production, sampling, global product process and timely information support to all relevant team members. The person in this role must be able to demonstrate strong organization skills, be a quick learner, and be willing to adjust on the fly to a flexible calendar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: - Other duties may be assigned
- Coordinate all product information including dev codes, project details, SS/Photo samples and status, global drops and product code assignment.
- Organize & Distribute sales sample needs, requests and overall sample library
- Compile RFC reports, sample tracking, pricing, promo requests, development line plan and project status reports and proactively share with the relevant team members.
- Assist and prepare tech packs & BOM creation per the PD Director?s direction and coordination.
- Communicate wear-testing results for projects seasonal projects.
- Communicate new product features and benefits to CS team.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry trends and styles.
- Create & maintain the material library with samples and pricing.
- Support PD Director will day to day operations. ? Learn & support the product development process. ?
- Participate in all GTM meetings.
- Assist PD Director & Marketing team with new product packaging and tracking.
- Responsible to meet all timeframes and deadlines.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience, preferably with product
- Must be able to read and write English fluently
- Must remain current on industry, product trends
- Ability to call on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, best practices and development procedures
- Effective Written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and time management abilities
- Microsoft, Power Point and Word experience
- Passionate about or familiar with fishing, water sports, and outdoor industry as a whole Experience working with project management software such as Asana
- Ability to manage various projects at any given time
- Passionate about or familiar with fishing, water sports, and outdoor industry as a whole
About Chums, Inc.
In 1983 Chums inventor Mike Taggett was tired of watching his customers lose their sunglasses in the Colorado River. This is where the idea for the Original Cotton Chums was born. Living in the back of a van, with a $60 sewing machine Taggett started producing the first round of Chums.
For the past 18 years the Ferries family has continued to push innovation through product development, instilled a commitment to American-made manufacturing and embedded an unwavering passion for unbeatable customer service, helping Chums became the global brand we know and love today.