Oberalp North America (ONA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Oberalp Group––a design & innovation focused outdoor sport company headquartered in the Dolomites in Bolzano, Italy, with global operations. ONA handles the sales, marketing, operations, distribution, and customer service functions in the U.S. and Canada for four premier mountain sports brands within the Oberalp Group–– SALEWA, DYNAFIT, WILD COUNTRY, and POMOCA. ONA also handles the operations, distribution, and customer service functions for the EVOLV climbing brand.
Oberalp North America and the Oberalp Group operate in a dynamic market environment, and we seek to work with people who share our hands-on, collaborative, solutions-oriented approach to business.
And, of course, we look for team members who share in our boundless enthusiasm for mountain sports and a stewardship ethic to protect the places we love to play.
- Job title: Dealer Service Representative (Evolv North America Wholesale)
- Div./B.U./Department: Oberalp North America/Evolv Brand/Customer Service
- Direct Supervisor: Customer Service Supervisor
- Functional Supervisor: n/a
- Location: Boulder, Colorado
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Dealer Service Representative is responsible for providing superior dealer service to our retailer partners via phone, email, and in-person interaction. The position’s primary roles are to manage sales order entry, shipment, and after-sales service for our retailers, serve as the primary contact person for our dealers and sales representatives, and respond to and successfully resolve dealer inquiries and requests.
• The position calls for regular, close communication with dealers, sales representatives, sales management, accounting, warehouse, and other operational divisions within the business.
• Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment.
• Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, prioritize projects, and be self-motivated, are expected. Taking initiative and making independent decisions are also essential.
• A passion for working in a small-team environment is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require both an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
• Provide a high level of service to our dealers and sales representatives
• Be the primary contact person for dealers – before and after sales – for any inquiries such as product availability, sales order and shipment status, returns, or other matters
• Address and resolve any dealer questions or issues involving the correct people in the organization as needed
• Enter sales orders and client data in the ERP system accurately and efficiently
• Release orders to the warehouse for shipment in a timely manner
• Coordinate with the warehouse regarding shipments and logistics
• Coordinate with accounting and sales management for issues related to credit management
• Process return requests accurately and on-time
• Answer a high volume of phone calls and emails in a positive, professional, and timely manner
• Answer questions about our products, brands, and company
• Administer the warranty claims process for our dealers
• Proactively resolve problems for dealers
• Support our dealer service team with assorted tasks as requested
• Participate in proactive sales efforts as directed
• Attend and assist at tradeshows, sales meetings, sample sales, and other retail and consumer events as needed
• Learn and present the Dynafit, Salewa, Pomoca, Wild Country, and Evolv brands and products. In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy, and better understand our products outside of work.
• Execute on a variety of projects, assignments, and tasks that may be assigned
• Demonstrate proficiency with our computer systems and software
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Two to four years customer service and/or retail experience, preferably in the ski or outdoor industries
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and computer skills (including Microsoft Office and general computer proficiency). ERP (Navision) and ZenDesk experience preferred.
• College degree preferred
• A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude, and a tireless work ethic are all a must
• Love of the outdoors. A specific passion for mountain sports such a backcountry skiing, climbing, and mountaineering is a plus.
The company offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. In addition to a base salary, the candidate is eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits program including healthcare, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan with a company contribution match, company-paid life and disability insurance, and generous gear discounts. The company offers paid vacation, holiday, and sick time. The company also offers a number of unique perks such as paid + unpaid volunteer time and group outings including an annual company hut trip that reflect our approach to maintaining a high performance business environment while leading an active outdoor lifestyle.