Posted by Far Bank Enterprises on 09/15/2021
Industry Sector: Fishing
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
City: Bainbridge Island
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Far Bank Enterprises is seeking to hire a full-time Production Manager to help partner with us as we continue to design, craft and share with pride the globally recognized Sage fly rods.
SAGE is a brand recognized as a leader in the fly-fishing industry. It was created with one idea in mind – to build the world’s finest performance fly fishing equipment. SAGE, Redington, RIO Products, and Fly Water Travel are all brands under the organization of Far Bank Enterprises, a company built around a passion for Fly Fishing.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF OUR BLANKS DEPARTMENT PRODUCTION MANAGER
As a Production Manager, you play an important role in the day-to-day operations of our blanks department. Your leadership inspires your team to maintain the reputation of our fly rods as the best in the world! You motivate your team to apply uncompromising craftsmanship at every step of the process while ensuring a safe and positive work environment. In addition to maintaining superior craftsmanship, you lead your team in the timely execution of work. Because you want your team to succeed, you coordinate training opportunities and carry out individual development through goal setting, evaluations, and correction.
Systematically you approach the big picture as well as the minor details to ensure the overall operational excellence of the department and well-being of the team. Always looking to better the department, you monitor for areas we can improve and apply course correction. You demonstrate the results of our improvement efforts to management and staff in monthly reports, KPI’s status, and other methods. Out-of-the-ordinary organizational skills assist you in maintaining and utilizing records such as timekeeping, productivity, inventory, quality, and more. You find great satisfaction in facilitating the efficient manufacturing of quality fly rods that meet our customers’ high expectations.
- 3 years of hands-on experience as a leader in a manufacturing or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills with the ability and assertiveness to help establish company policies and service levels environment supervising 20+ associates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and six sigma (operational excellence) or equivalent business improvement process
- Experience with manufacturing planning software is preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft Office with particular strength in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability of strong analytical skills with the ability and assertiveness to help establish company policies and service levels
- A motivator as well as a strong team player!
Based on Bainbridge Island in Washington, our passion for fly fishing, love of the outdoors and dedication to quality drives us to seek out employees who can foster an environment of creativity, innovation, and stewardship. Working together as a team our team members love what they do, and we value them and appreciate their time and dedication.
If you feel this fits your own personal and professional goals, then
Apply today! All applications must be through www.farbank.com/careers