Posted by Simms Fishing Products. on 09/22/2021
Industry Sector: Fishing
Job Categories: Design & Development - Product
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
The Product Coordinator (PC) will support the product creation process to ensure on-time commercialization for all products. The PC will be a key contributor in all product creation silos, including design, merchandising, materials development, and product development.
The Product Coordinator will support the design and merchandising team with go to market assets, materials team in lab dip and trim development, and the product development team in processing garment prototypes throughout the development cycle. This team member will be essential in creating and maintaining standards throughout the breadth of the product creation process.
The Product Coordinator works under specific direction and coaching from his or her immediate manager, and other stakeholders across the product team. The ideal candidate for this role can work across a broad range of product types and product creation processes. This team member is comfortable diving into new, unknown challenges. The PC is adept in seeking out resources to support their learning process, including internal coworkers as well as our manufacturers and other external partners. Time management and prioritization, with the support of his or her manager, is essential to success in this role.
The PC must facilitate positive collaboration across the various functional team(s), and provide critical support in efforts to meet established workflow requirements, budget constraints, standards of process, and milestone dates.
The Product Coordinator will successfully manage, as assigned, assorted projects to enhance and support the product creation process (e.g. Process improvement, documentation standards, data integrity). This role is a steppingstone to more autonomous ownership over the product creation silo in which he or she shows the most interest and skill.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
Key player in creating and strengthening
seasonal tools and processes for design, merchandising, materials, and product
development throughout all commercialization phases. ·
Supports other team members to ultimately
elevate all product processes and efficiencies. ·
Cultivation of positive teamwork and
inspiration within the category team(s), across the organization,
and with external partners through an open, professional and collaborative work
style. · Embraces a
‘fail fast to succeed sooner’ approach to developing protos and new concepts.
· Key player in creating and strengthening seasonal tools and processes for design, merchandising, materials, and product development throughout all commercialization phases.
· Supports other team members to ultimately elevate all product processes and efficiencies.
· Cultivation of positive teamwork and inspiration within the category team(s), across the
organization, and with external partners through an open, professional and collaborative work style.
· Embraces a ‘fail fast to succeed sooner’ approach to developing protos and new concepts.
· Organization & Planning
· Creativity & Innovation
· High Standards
· Analytical Skills
· Communication & Persuasion
· Calm Under Pressure
· Attention to Detail
· Fail Faster to Succeed Sooner
Key Performance Indicators:
· Attention to detail, measured by # of inaccuracies in merchandising, materials, and product development product creation tools
· Responsiveness, measured by # of instances of time sensitive communication not being addressed within 24 hours of receipt
· Effective communication across all product silos, measured by # of instances team members need to reiterate tasks for completion.
· Ideation: # of new process improvement ideas generated and adopted per quarter. Must be relative and realistic.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Apparel product development skills are not required but recommended.
· Strong working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Suite products.
· Working knowledge in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign not required but recommended
About Simms Fishing Products.
Simms is a leading manufacturer of high quality fishing apparel and outerwear, based in Bozeman, Montana.