Assistant Store Manager
Posted by White Pine Touring on 09/23/2021
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Management
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retailer
City: Park City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $16-$20 hourly + commission
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
This position is responsible for the daily operation of White Pine Touring retail store; ensuring excellent customer service is provided by a well-trained, highly motivated, personable staff. The role includes assisting with strategizing sales and marketing plans to drive revenue into the store, budgeting, financial reporting and maximizing profits with minimum cost.
This individual will have responsibility to assist in merchandising, inventory control, compiling sales data, and monitoring trends. It is expected that the Retail Store Assistant Manager will be on-site and oversee employee-customer interactions serving as a salesperson as required.
- Responsible for and authorized to assist with all functions relating to the management of the retail store to achieve profit objectives including hiring, training, and motivating staff to provide excellent customer service; periodically reviewing, recognizing accomplishments, planning, forecasting, budgeting, and financial reporting as required and at the direction of the Retail Store Manager.
- Assist with creating sales/marketing strategies, promotions, advertising, and merchandising programs.
- Evaluating customer feedback, sales reports, trends, competitor strategies/programs, etc. and providing timely information to Retail Store Manager.
- Responsible for and authorized to ensure proper repair, maintenance, and upkeep on facility.
- Responsible for communication directly with customers as needed, resolving problems, and spending a portion of time on the sales floor actively selling.
- Expected to maintain the safety of the staff and store.
- Authorized to assist company employees with accessibility to employee discount program and equipment rentals.
- Responsible for opening and closing duties.
- Responsible for making daily bank deposits.
- Able to step in for the Retail Store Manager when Retail Store Manager is unavailable.
- Foster an open environment where team members and customers opinions are respected.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales/Merchandising, Business, or another related field
Work Experience Required:
- 2-3 years retail store experience in outdoor equipment industry
- Budgeting, time management, staffing/scheduling personnel, product knowledge, computer skills and basic accounting are required. Experience: knowledge of mountain biking, rock climbing, backcountry skiing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing. Retail management merchandising, strong organizational and communication skills.
· Full-time year-round employees can sign on for Medical, Dental, Vison (30 days of employment).
· 401k + partial matching (1 year of employment).
· Industry Discounts available after 60 days of employment.
· 20% discount program for all JANS locations.
· JANS Ski Pass discount program for Winter 2021/2022 season.
About White Pine Touring
Located in the heart of Park City, Utah, White Pine Touring is an outdoor retailer specializing in mountain biking, backcountry skiing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and rock climbing. We rent top-of-the line equipment and offer guided mountain biking, road biking, hiking, and rock climbing as well as lessons throughout Park City’s 450 miles of trails and the neighboring Uinta Mountains. We also groom over 20 kilometers of Nordic trails for classic and skate skiing in the winter. Since 1972, White Pine Touring has been Park City’s ticket into the outdoors, providing incredible mountain experiences for visitors and locals alike.