Product Line Manager
Posted by Bemis Associates on 09/29/2021
Industry Sector: Action, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Management - Product -Brand, Product Analyst
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
State: MA, OR
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Line Manager (PLM) is responsible for the strategy, roadmap, execution, and life-cycle management of assigned product lines as well as supporting product development and marketing actions. The PLM will quantitatively define the market(s) for current products, know and understand our competitors, and determine where new products, technologies, and capabilities could be profitably introduced. The PLM sets product line strategy and is the lead communicator of product information across the functions (marketing, sales, finance, and operations functions.)
- Participate in and contribute to the company’s strategic plan. Define and execute product strategies and roadmaps consistent with market, customer, and business objectives
- Develop business case analysis, return on investment (ROI) for research & development investments in accordance with roadmap priorities.
- Lead communication across functions to ensure well-informed decisions and actions to deliver products and solutions aligned with market needs, financial targets and timelines.
- Identify and analyze market trends and utilize this information to translate into product line strategies and growth opportunities. Understand customers’ business, technology, product and program roadmaps and how it applies to Bemis.
- Measure and monitor product success. Develop revenue targets for current portfolio of products and rationalize current product portfolio to discontinue unprofitable products.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define product pricing strategies, ensure future costs and pricing meet market and internal margin demands. Validate the accuracy of cost models and take corrective action as needed.
- Work with MARCOM to develop marketing and communication strategies. Responsible for delivering sales webinars and product demos. Create and deliver customer Presentations and host customer visits. Prepare and deliver impactful product and program presentations at internal and external meetings
Requirements (minimum acceptable and/or desired):
o 7+ years of demonstrated success in product management positions of increasing responsibility.
o Desired: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred or bachelor's degree in a related technical field.
· Business orientation, product strategy, ability to formulate financial/operating plans and drive actual results of business to meet plans.
· Knowledge of apparel and advanced materials products and technologies.
· Superb business judgment coupled with strong strategic planning and analytic skills
· Product and project management skills including technical product knowledge in the areas of development timelines, costing/pricing, supplier capabilities.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrate effective presentation skills in both small and large groups.
· Develop effective internal and external networks and maintain fair, open, and honest relationships.
· Can successfully navigate within a global matrixed organization.
· Ability to work well under pressure, handle a variety of tasks at the same time, and within a dynamic organization.
· MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· This position requires travel both nationally and internationally up to 25%.