Senior Purchasing Manager
Posted by Dometic on 09/30/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Purchasing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Senior Purchasing Manager
Dometic Corporation is seeking a Senior Purchasing Manager for its Elkhart, IN location who will support by developing Purchasing strategies for a given set of Services and Indirect Materials across Dometic North American sites, including large Logistics Contracts (e.g. Ocean Freight).
Additional Position Duties:
· Discern advantages of local vs global supply, make vs buy scenarios, and strong focus on development of non-traditional suppliers and potential supplier assessment process.
· Active collaboration with suppliers and internal customers (cross functional team) on matters related to services, logistics and MRO materials.
· Negotiate and achieve YOY cost reductions and Best-in-class cost through various tools including but not limited to: creation of Statement of Requirements for Indirect Purchases, creation of cost models (should cost), supplier visits and on-site audits, supplier cost down workshops, supplier fact based negotiations, global sourcing, dual sourcing, e-auctions, internal and external benchmarking activities, market intelligence and industry analysis, among others.
· Management of annual/multi-year pricing agreements, negotiate the contractual needs, specifications, application, total cost (including logistics costs, MOQ/Lead times impact on inventory targets), stocking agreements – particularly vendor management inventory, payment terms, warranty terms, OTD and overall Quality metrics per Dometic standards, as well as manage and negotiate commercial issues that may arise.
- Supplier management, including the identification of new suppliers, qualification process, financial and business analysis, and core supplier review against Dometic’s core processes, policies, metrics, standard contracts.
- Interface with both regional and global procurement teams for supplier evaluations, leverage of cost, technology advancement and supplier responsiveness, where it makes sense.
- Select Vendors that will meet Dometic’s Quality, Technology, and Cost standards for New Products development and execution.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering or related field and ten years of progressively responsible, post bachelor’s related experience in Supply Chain (Sourcing, Logistics, Materials) within the Manufacturing Industry.
Required experience must include three years of experience in the following areas:
- Indirect Purchasing & Best In Class Sourcing Processes.
Required experience must include five years of experience in the following areas:
- Team Management; and
- Sourcing Indirect Materials, Services and Assets Purchases, and/or Logistics Purchasing.
30% domestic travel and overseas travel is required up to twice per year.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Send cover letter and detailed resume to Dometic Corporation, Attn: Aris Relias, Talent Acquisition Manager, 5155 Verdant Drive, 46516 Elkhart, IN or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO.
Millions of people around the world buy and use Dometic products. They’re RV users boat owners truck drivers campers outdoor people. And all part of a growing movement – a longing for freedom and adventure a desire to explore the world and to stay away for extended periods of time. We call it mobile living. Our mission is to make mobile living easy through smart and reliable products with outstanding design.
To be successful in this role, you understand the importance of our core values - We are passionate, We act responsibly, We are building together and We embrace change; these values reflect the heart and soul of Dometic and they define what it takes to work here and how we do things.