Engineer, Supply Chain
Posted by Leatherman on 11/28/2021
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Manufacturing, Sourcing
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Please visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
Support the overall business objectives of the Supply Management team as it relates to the global supply chain. Work with Commodity Specialists to drive improvements in the supply chain as well as respond to issues/problems that may arise. Support in the evaluation of new suppliers, new products, modifications to legacy products and correlation matters. Serve as the department’s technical expert for both external and internal conversations. Participate in the development of sourcing strategies and negotiation processes.
· Work with Commodity Specialists (CS) to select, qualify and continually evaluate suppliers with the optimal balance of technical capability, cost, quality, delivery, and risk which meet LTG’s requirements.
· Support sourcing specialist during contract negotiations.
· Form a team with the Commodity Specialists to respond to gaps in performance within the supply base.
· Drive continuous improvement projects related to quality, delivery, and cost throughout the supply chain.
· Determine and report on supplier’s process capability which includes design guide and major supplier points of differentiation from others in the same industry.
· Conduct or participate in root cause analyses internally or with the supply base to focus actions and resources to solving problems regarding quality processes and performance.
· Assist in the development of supplier quality metrics.
· Determine cause of suppler quality problems and coordinate /implement effective and time resolutions.
· Function as Technical liaison and lead collaboration between Sourcing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and Suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues and to provide technical support.
· Work closely with supply base to build and maintain excellent supplier-customer relations.
· Request, coordinate, process and approve First Article (FA) submissions from suppliers and report on activities and progress as required.
· Discover and identify lead time drivers including parts and tooling, chart out design, build, FA and manufacturing lead time.
· Participate in cross functional teams to implement supply related projects.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with the technical teams at supplier locations.
· Provide feedback to Product Designers regarding design improvements/modifications based on supplier manufacturability and/or supplier feedback.
· Possess an understanding of LTG design requirements and internal manufacturing processes.
· Discover and identify cost drivers which include parts and tooling, chart out labor, subcontract, material, amortization, and consumables.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required. Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering required.
· Three or more years of experience as an engineer in a high volume, complex, lean manufacturing environment to include capabilities studies, root cause analysis, quality planning, machining equipment inspections and audits, statistical distributions, assembly processes, problem solving and team facilitation and working with suppliers and supplier agents.
· Experience with precision engineered metal components and a multitude of manufacturing process to include, but not be limited to, machining, metal casting, metal stamping, metal injection molding, cold heading and plastic injection molding.
· Demonstrated complex problem solving such as DMAIC and critical thinking skills.
· Strong computer knowledge with demonstrated experience in MS Outlook, Word and Excel. MRP/ERP experience preferred.
· Experience with 5S, Standard Work, Visual Management, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, Capacity Planning and Analysis, Cycle Counting, Make vs. Buy, Supplier Total Cost & Risk Assessment, Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning required.
· Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong project management experience (tools & techniques) required.
· Institute of Supply Management CPSM/CSM/CPM certification preferred.
· ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
We care about the
Health and Wellbeing of our Employees Leatherman
believes having healthy employees contributes to a healthy and productive
workplace and community. While we're all responsible for our own overall health
and well-being, Leatherman works toward helping employees make healthy
lifestyle choices and changes that improve their health and overall quality of
life through its many Health and Well being Resources.
We care about the Health and Wellbeing of our Employees
Leatherman believes having healthy employees contributes to a healthy and productive workplace and community. While we're all responsible for our own overall health and well-being, Leatherman works toward helping employees make healthy lifestyle choices and changes that improve their health and overall quality of life through its many Health and Well being Resources.
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.