Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by Leatherman on 10/10/2021
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Please visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
Provide meaningful information about both risk and performance over the entire supply chain through the application of a QMS system, data acquisition, and standardized reporting. Provide Quality Engineering solutions to maximize the benefits or gains to the organization from the Quality Management System and Continuous Improvement activities.
· Contribute to New Equipment Qualification, including definition and validation of inspection methods, and travel to manufacturers to perform runoff validation (FAT).
· Identify metrology strategies to meet GR&R requirements.
· Design custom gages and fixtures as necessary to support both legacy and new products.
· Identify and implement new metrology technologies in support of current and proposed manufacturing processes.
· Establish and manage plant-wide standards for applying Statistical Process Control including standards for calculating control limits and reporting process capability.
· Advise QA Technicians for the proper alignment of specific SPC techniques with specific work cells.
· Contribute to a plant-wide strategy for process inspection SPC and records; software enhancements and reporting standards.
· Define and implement improvements to the Quality Management System as necessary through creation and revision of controlled Procedures and Work Instructions.
· Lead and Participate in CAPA projects applying structured problem-solving techniques and root cause analysis.
· Create and develop Acceptance Test Plans which align with quality standards or expectations of the organization.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or other related discipline required.
· Five or more years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment which provides knowledge of Quality & Engineering Principles such as: process capability, advanced dimensional measurement, SPC, and root cause analysis.
· Ability to perform complex problem solving utilizing the DMAIC methodology.
· Ability to interpret 2D prints and 3D models utilizing current GD&T standards.
· Must have strong analytical, statistical, and critical thinking skills.
· Experience in basic and advanced dimensional measurement techniques including Micrometer, Optical Comparator, CMM, and Vision / Camera based inspection equipment.
· Experience with custom gage design and application.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and production.
To apply please click the link below. We look forward to getting to know you better soon.
Leatherman Tool Group is committed to providing a total rewards package to our employees that is a multipurpose as our products. Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation along with medical, dental, vision, disability life insurance, PTO, and our Employee Assistance Program. The package also includes a generous bonus plan, employee discount on products, eligibility upon hire for 401k contributions with up to 5% match and immediate vesting. Here at Leatherman we also believe in investing in the wellbeing of our team members through offerings like 10 paid holidays, our on-site health center with nutrition classes, a gym, an outdoor basketball court, a pickle ball court and an award winning wellness program. And because your success is our success we offer our employees opportunities for career advancement and personal growth with our tuition reimbursement program, online classes through LinkedIn Learning, and our job shadow program.
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
We create innovative products that prepare people for the expected and unexpected and result in real tales of triumph.
Our vision is to be the global multipurpose brand of choice.
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Leatherman Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.