Digital Editor Yoga Journal
Posted by Outside Inc on 10/12/2021
Industry Sector: Lifestyle
Job Categories: Editorial-Video-Photo
Company Type: Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $50,000 to $60,000
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Yoga Journal is looking for a digital editor to develop, steer, and produce content for our website, newsletters, and social media. The digital editor will produce daily and weekly content, and also work on various editorial projects and initiatives designed to help us reach our goals related to engagement, traffic, and membership.
The ideal candidate is a yoga teacher with a proven track record for producing engaging digital wellness content. You have a deep knowledge of analytics and SEO, superior communication and production skills, and experience with video, newsletters, and social media.
This position will create high-quality, differentiated yoga and wellness content to drive growth through SEO, social, email and other developing outlets. There is an opportunity to participate in digital video creation and promotion including but not limited to brainstorming topics, writing scripts, doing background research, appearing on-screen and site integration.
- Conceive, develop, assign, write, edit, and produce content across platforms.
- Optimize content for SEO (whether it's on-page headlines, meta titles, slugs, or body copy, you know what the page needs to rank in Google.)
- Steer newsletter and social media strategy
- Inform digital strategy through a deep understanding of analytics and reporting
- Help grow our membership program by ideating exclusive paywalled content and experiences
- Work with the digital director to plan and execute the digital editorial calendar and editorial packages that drive audience growth and engagement.
- 5+ years’ experience editing and/or writing service content for consumer websites
- Knowledge of analytics tools and the ability to mine them for insights
- Demonstrated success in researching SEO keywords through web-based tools like SEMrush, and optimizing content for key search terms
- Experience in writing and editing editorial newsletters, and working in email marketing platforms
- The ability to efficiently manage time, navigating competing demands and clearly communicating and prioritizing deadlines based on editorial demands, traffic goals, and business needs
- The ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- Strong digital production skills. Working knowledge of Wordpress (or similar CMS), Photoshop and HTML a plus.
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $55,000 to $60,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors
About Outside Inc
Outside, formerly Pocket Outdoor Media, is the world’s leading creator of active lifestyle content and experiences.
Across web, print, podcast, social, video, and TV, our brands reach 70 million of the most active and influential consumers in the world every month. Our brands include: Outside Integrated Media, OutsideTV, Gaia GPS, athleteReg, Peloton Magazine, Yoga Journal, SKI, BACKPACKER, VeloNews, Climbing, Rock & Ice, Gym Climber, Trail Runner, Women’s Running, Triathlete, Better Nutrition, Bicycle Retailer & Industry News, Clean Eating, Fly Fishing Film Tour, IDEA Health and Fitness Association, Muscle & Performance, NASTAR, National Park Trips, NatuRx, Oxygen, PodiumRunner, Roll Massif, SNEWS, The Voice, Vegetarian Times, VeloPress, VeloSwap, Paleo Mag, Beta, FinisherPix, and Warren Miller Entertainment.
Outside is headquartered in Boulder, with offices in Denver, Carbondale, Easthampton (MA), Frankfurt, New York City, Ojai, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Fe, and Toronto.