Industrial Designer or Engineer
Posted by Pivot Cycles on 10/13/2021
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Engineer, Design & Development - Product
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Designer will be a detail-oriented individual who will use their industrial design or engineering background as well as bicycle industry experience to design frames and components. This person will be an integral member of the Design/Engineering team and work to bring future Pivot Cycles products from idea to reality.
· Design complete production-ready bicycle frames, parts, and assemblies in 3D
· Effectively manage production timelines and vendor schedules
· Create production support documentation and presentations
· Support prototype and research projects
· Work with artists to design vendor-ready graphics packages for bicycle frames and components
· Intensive SolidWorks modeling
· A degree in industrial design, design engineering or mechanical engineering
· Minimum two years of bicycle/frame design experience
· Project management and project scheduling skills
· Talent creating exceptional aesthetic, functional 3D design
· High proficiency in SolidWorks with the ability to model high quality surfaces, complex assemblies and production drawings with tolerances
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
· Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products – Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook
· Teamwork and communication skills
· Mechanical knowledge of bicycles and a passion for mountain biking
· Ability to travel outside the country
Driven by our core value of “Welcoming,” Pivot Cycles strives to build a workplace that is inclusive, respectful, and free from unlawful discrimination, whether based on race, color, creed, age, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristics. We recognize that we grow and succeed as a company by embracing and celebrating diverse voices.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Pivot Cycles
Our headquarters are based in the beautiful desert city of Tempe, AZ, and centrally located in the Phoenix metro area. In addition to year-round riding, Phoenix boasts hundreds of miles of legendary mountain bike trails and interconnected canal paths for commuting. Showers and bike storage are available at the office, so nothing stands between you and your morning commute besides the snooze button on your alarm.
Pivot Cycles offers benefits to full-time employees, including a top-notch health care package, a company-matched 401k, paid time off, paid sick leave and killer employee purchase program. Our employees are a fun, close-knit group that loves group rides and spending time out on the trails!