Product Manager - Aquapark
Posted by Aquaglide on 11/11/2021
Industry Sector: WaterSports
Job Categories: Design & Development - Product
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Based in Bend, Oregon, Aquaglide is a global manufacturer in the watersports industry. We share our passion for life on the water by creating world-class aquaparks and paddle sports products. With over 30 years of industry leading experience, and 120 innovative products, we strive to bring fun to the water with high quality products and industry leading service. We are looking to add an energetic, innovative Aquapark Product Manager to our team.
The Aquapark Product Manager will report to the Director of Product Development and be responsible for assisting with product design, sourcing, prototyping, compliance, testing and all aspects of product support including development of owner’s manuals and packaging. The Aquapark Product Manager will work closely with team members and other departments to coordinate product timelines and deliverables, and to offer both internal and external technical product support, as needed. Additional duties include support for company initiatives including, but not limited to sales, marketing, operations, and customer service.
Our ideal candidate is dynamic, works well with others and projects positive vibes, even under deadline pressure. Experience working with a small team and comfort in wearing ‘many hats’ is a plus.
Have a product development background, strong CAD skills and/or experience in manufacturing? Have technical knowledge of commercial fabrics, sewing, PVC welding or commercial inflatable products? Love the outdoors and spending time on the water? Looking for an opportunity to contribute with an energetic team of people who love what they do? We’re excited to hear from you!
Responsibilities as Aquapark Product Manager at Aquaglide:
• Combine your product development experience with a thirst for knowledge to become an expert in the design and manufacture of commercial grade aquapark products.
• Interact with team members, sales associates and distribution partners to identify and address unfulfilled product needs for future development.
• Carefully analyze and refine existing products to improve quality, corporate financial and sales performance.
• Integrate product design and technical skills to develop new product concepts and market positioning analyses.
• Help to define key product performance goals and metrics, analyze results.
• Deliver promised results on time, in spec and within budget guidelines.
• Ensure that products are compliant with all relevant product safety standards in distribution territories.
• Work interactively with internal team and factory partners to accurately timeline, specify, prototype, test and mass-produce finished Aquapark products for global distribution.
• Competently communicate with internal and external team members regarding technical, functional and market details of Aquapark products.
• Become an integral member of the product development team responsible for aquapark brand direction, quality control, and product performance.
• Exhibit a willingness to support team members in all departments wherever and whenever necessary.
• Embrace limited domestic and international travel to factories, trade shows and other meetings (average 10% of time required) when travel resumes post COVID.
• Exhibit ability and enthusiasm to learn new software, new systems, and new skills to contribute to the betterment of the team as needed.
Experience + Qualifications:
• Action sports, sporting goods or outdoor industry knowledge helpful (5-7 years).
• Prior product development/ manufacturing experience a must (3-5 years).
• Proven CAD design skills needed for this position.
• Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite necessary.
• Strong written, verbal and graphic communication skills required.
• Proven ability as a creative innovator is critical.
• Strategic planning, forecasting and math skills needed.
• Proficiency with Excel necessary.
• The successful candidate will be highly detail oriented.
• Must be self-motivated with excellent planning/ organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS) or equivalent.
• PTO, healthcare, paid holidays, ability to achieve company bonuses.
• Hard working, fun, and relaxed work environment.
To fit-in with our tight-knit team, the ideal candidate will reside in Bend, OR. However, a full-time remote position will be considered for the right applicant. Some domestic and international travel is expected (approximately 10%).