Product Manager - Paddlesports
Posted by Aquaglide on 11/11/2021
Industry Sector: WaterSports
Job Categories: Design & Development - Product
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Based in Bend, Oregon, Aquaglide is a global manufacturer in the watersports industry. We share our passion for life on the water by creating world-class paddle sports products and aquaparks. With over 30 years of industry leading experience, and 120 innovative products, we strive to bring fun to the water with high quality products and industry leading service. We are looking to add an energetic, innovative Paddle Sports Product Manager to our tight-knit team.
The Paddle Sports Product Manager will report to the Director of Product Development and be responsible for helping initiate product concepts, researching product viability, product design, sourcing, prototyping, testing and all aspects of product support including development of owner’s manuals and packaging with team support. The Paddle Product Manager will work closely with team member and other departments to coordinate product timelines and deliverables, and to offer both internal and external technical product support, as needed. Additional duties include support for company initiatives including, but not limited to sales, marketing, operations, and customer service.
Our ideal candidate is dynamic, works well with others and projects positive vibes, even under deadline pressure. Experience working with a small team and comfort in wearing ‘many hats’ is a plus.
Have a product development background and experience in the outdoor industry? Have technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and paddle sports products?Love to kayak, SUP, fish, and meet the needs of other loyalists who spend their free time on the water? Looking for an opportunity to contribute with an energetic team of people who love what they do? We’re excited to hear from you!
Responsibilities as Paddle Sports Product Manager at Aquaglide:
• Utilize kayak/ SUP industry knowledge to help identify and address unfulfilled product needs.
• Interact with sales and product teams in identifying trends for future product development.
• Carefully analyze and refine existing products to improve product performance, customer experience, corporate financial and sales performance.
• Integrate product design and technical skills to develop new product concepts including market positioning analyses, and projected ROI for new projects.
• Define key product performance goals and metrics, analyze results.
• Deliver promised results on time, in spec and within budget guidelines.
• Ensure that products are compliant with all relevant product safety standards in distribution territories.
• Work interactively with internal team and factory partners to accurately timeline, specify, prototype, test and mass-produce finished paddle sports products for global distribution.
• Competently communicate with internal and external team members regarding technical, functional and market details of paddle sports products.
• Become an integral member of the product development team responsible for paddle sports brand direction, quality control, and product performance.
• Exhibit a willingness to support team members in all departments wherever and whenever necessary.
• Embrace limited domestic and international travel to factories, trade shows and other meetings (average 10% of time required) when travel resumes post COVID.
• Exhibit ability and enthusiasm to learn new software, new systems, and new skills to contribute to the betterment of the team as needed.
Experience + Qualifications:
• Outdoor/ Paddle Sports industry knowledge preferred (5-7 years).
• Prior product development experience a must (2-5 years).
• Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite needed.
• CAD design skills a plus.
• Strong written, verbal and graphic communication skills required.
• Proven ability as a creative innovator is critical.
• Strategic planning, forecasting and math skills needed.
• Proficiency with Excel necessary.
• The successful candidate will be highly detail oriented.
• Must be self-motivated with excellent planning/ organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS) or equivalent.
• PTO, healthcare, paid holidays, ability to achieve company bonuses.
• Hard working, fun, and relaxed work environment.
To fit-in with our tight-knit team, the ideal candidate will reside in Bend, OR. However, a full-time remote position will be considered for the right applicant. Some domestic and international travel is expected (approximately 10%).