Credit and Collections Manager
Posted by Bianchi USA on 01/04/2022
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Accounting, Finance
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Simona Vittore
Contact Phone: +39 0363 316236
Business Phone: +39 0363 316236
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Bianchi is one of the most historic and prestigious brands of bicycles in the world. Over 136 years strong, today the company embodies the best of what Italy can offer to the world - distinguishing design, innovation, and technology. Bianchi USA is part of the Grimaldi Industri Group and F.I.V.E Bianchi and has distribution and sales in more than 50 countries around the world. As a leader in the cycling industry, with over 300 employees worldwide we are dedicated to winning together as a team. We provide a healthy and positive culture with exciting career paths that will challenge and reward your personal career goals. We are looking for passionate, creative team members who can share our vision for creating the best bicycle company in the world.
Bianchi USA is demonstrating its commitment to these
principles by offering a career opportunity as a Credit &
Collections Manager. This position is based in California and is integral
to the organization in the management of all Credit & Collections, making
credit limit & acceptable risk level decisions, and enforcement actions
with customers. The position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Controlling bad debt exposure and expenses, through the direct management of credit terms on the company's ledgers.
- Maintaining strong cash flows through efficient collections. The efficiency of cash flow is measured using various methods, most common of which is Days Sales Outstanding (DSO).
- Ensuring an adequate Allowance for Doubtful Accounts is kept by the company.
- Monitoring the Accounts Receivable portfolio for trends and warning signs.
- Removing bad debts from the ledger (Bad Debt Write-Offs).
- Setting credit limits, credit rating criteria, and credit terms beyond those within credit analysts' authority.
- Setting and ensuring compliance with a corporate credit policy.
- Obtaining security interests where necessary, including letters of credit or personal guarantees.
- Initiating legal or other recovery actions against customers who are delinquent.
- Ensures all processes comply with internal/external controls in Banking/Treasury processes, standards and regulations.
- Responsible for activities within banking processes: month-end close and reporting and analysis.
- Maintains letter of credit schedules.
- Manage account signer update activities: prepare and maintain documentation related to bank account management
- Assist in mitigating banking fees and transaction costs of Treasury activities through the periodic review of bank account analysis statements
- Provides banking analytical reports and cash flow projections as needed to manage line of credit and cash balances to support business needs.
- Manage company credit card program.
- Oversees vendor payment runs and cash collection activities including lockbox cash applications.
- Manage company automobiles, titles, assignments, and insurance requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance /Accounting, CPA a plus
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with credit and collections management and other treasury responsibilities
- Experience with online banking systems for information retrieval and transaction processing. Knowledge of services and products available from banks for corporate clients.
- Team player able to collaborate with other Finance and Operational functions and work across functional groups.
- High integrity and positive attitude.
- Strong with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Resilient and determined self-starter, strong work ethic
- Operates in an honest, ethical manner in all dealings, acts with integrity
- Thrives on challenge to create order & structure where currently lacking
- Displays leadership courage and composure under pressure, able to effectively multi-task
At Bianchi USA, our culture starts with a shared commitment
to building an environment of inclusiveness, trust, and mutual respect. We
encourage people to pursue their passions and strive to achieve their goals. We
encourage continuous learning to grow your skills, expertise, and career with
development opportunities across the industry.
About Bianchi USA
Bianchi is one of the most historic and prestigious brands of bicycles in the world. Over 136 years strong, today the company embodies the best of what Italy can offer to the world - distinguishing design, innovation, and technology. Bianchi USA is part of the Grimaldi Industri Group and F.I.V.E Bianchi and has distribution and sales in more than 50 countries around the world. As a leader in the cycling industry, with over 300 employees worldwide we are dedicated to winning together as a team.