Posted by Backroads on 01/12/2022
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Ecommerce Management, Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Gym/Outfitter, Recreation, Service, Retail, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
What You’ll Do:
As the Website Manager, you are a key member of the Backroads Marketing team. You will be taking ownership of the digital guest experience and proactively collaborating within brand, creative, performance, social marketing, and CRM to deliver a holistic brand experience that drives leads and bookings. Outside of marketing, you will partner closely with stakeholders in virtually every area of Backroads, as all are represented on our website.
Your day-to-day will include working with the marketing team to ensure content is uploaded while working with internal cross-functional stakeholders to develop and improve website functionality and usability, scoping and managing those projects, and looking closely at web usage to optimize for conversion. Ultimately, you will act as a leader within the team, owning all aspects of Backroads.com to ensure accuracy, superior user experience, and quality.
Who You Are:
You’re a collaborative, creative, team player with the ambition to do impactful work. You’re a driver and an influencer that can engage and motivate others across the company. You have excellent attention to detail, and you are data-driven and results-oriented. You thrive in a fast-paced, fast-growing start-up–like environment, and you are confident in your ability to make thoughtful decisions on the fly.
What You’ll Need:
- -Experience building commerce experiences and working with commerce technologies across desktop, mobile, and in-product.
- -Strong command of how performance marketing technologies integrate with a website and how to implement these technologies.
- -Ability to develop, communicate and gain consensus on a product roadmap or feature set for a platform supporting consumer-facing product.
- -Expertise in using web analytics, A/B testing, site personalization, and user journeys to identify improvement opportunities.
- -Ability to manage complex builds through thoughtful prioritization and disciplines that drive towards delivery.
- -Technical experience with eCommerce and CMS platforms, Drupal experience preferred.
- -Strong empathy for and understanding of the customer, and passion for solving their problems, adding value, reducing friction, and streamlining experiences.
About the Department:
We are a highly collaborative, creative, data-minded team. We work exceptionally hard and fast, constantly producing engaging, brand-appropriate content that is focused on growing the Backroads audience. We seek to better understand our market, customers, and products so we can clearly articulate the unique value of what Backroads offers. We care deeply about our teammates, always making time to celebrate, support, and laugh with each other.
At Backroads we’re passionate about connecting our guests with so many of the most beautiful places in the world. We use our four-plus decades of expertise to create exceptional biking, hiking, and multi-adventure trips in over 50 countries for people wanting a deeper and richer travel experience. We travel on land as well as by small luxury ships on active river and ocean cruises. Our trips are for all ages – including dedicated itineraries just for families. We are known for our unwavering attention to quality. We have a dynamic work environment and a strong company culture.
At Backroads, we value every single member of our staff, and we’re proud to offer a dynamic work environment that enables growth. Your colleagues will be some of the most dedicated, competent, active, and fun people you will ever meet. A job at Backroads is unlike any other job you will ever have – you will be challenged, you will be inspired, and you will be gratified. No matter what you do here, you will be part of something that makes us all proud – delivering authentic, enriching, and often profoundly life-changing experiences. On top of all that, we have some pretty great benefits and perks:
- -Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- -401(k) with company match, flex plan, and parental leave
- -Generous paid time off, 7 paid holidays, and additional time off to go on Backroads trips!
- -Complimentary trips and trip discounts for employees, and trip discounts for employees’ friends and family!
- -Outdoor industry discounts and deals
- -Alternative commuter incentives for biking, walking, carpooling, or using public transportation to get to work
- -Wellness programs, onsite fitness center, and regular lunchtime bike rides and workouts
How to Apply:
At Backroads, there is no such thing as an "ideal candidate." We believe in the power of teamwork - and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don't hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you're coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We're looking forward to learning more about you!
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Website Manager” in the subject line of your email
Backroads is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Whatever your ability and wherever you venture in the Backroads world — whether you choose to bike amid glacier-carved peaks in the Canadian Rockies, walk to a 14th-century temple in Bhutan or raft on a Costa Rican river — youll travel at your own pace. After more than three decades of finding rewarding alternatives to traditional vacations, Backroads’ passion for active travel is stronger than ever. Backroads worldwide team devotes days to creating the best possible Biking, Walking, Multisport and Family trips around the globe — and will be working again tomorrow to make them even better.