Park Assistant Manager
Posted by Boundless Adventures on 01/27/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Management
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Lorrie Sharon Funtleyder
Business Phone: 2622870933
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
The Park Assistant Manager is the second most senior manager on site with the responsibility of supporting the Park Manager for overall park operations including hiring, scheduling, safety, risk management, course/ grounds maintenance, and customer satisfaction. The Assistant Park Manager is a strong leader with a personal commitment to safety, professionalism, excellent customer service and appropriate physical fitness.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist with staff hiring, training (all course facilitation and rescues), supervision, evaluation, coaching, and scheduling
- Assist with the maintenance of the course elements, equipment, and associated grounds.
- Set high standards for safety, risk management, and facilitation for the courses; aligned with the latest practices according to ACCT guidelines.
- Responsible for documentation of rope usage, daily reports and incident/near miss reporting.
- Lead seasonal professional development training as needed or requested.
- Coordinate inspections, significant repairs, and large installations with an ACCT certified vendor, as directed.
- Set up, take down, and daily inspections of all the elements on the courses.
- Perform any necessary course rescues along with staff.
- Provide support and feedback to supervisors, monitors, harnessers, and hosts as required.
- Maintain a budget and make necessary purchases as directed by the Park Manager.
- Assist with staff evaluations to ensure consistency with programmatic and safety standards
- Schedule staff.
- Aid hosts in customer registration and sales operations.
- Perform community outreach to develop partnerships and programming opportunities.
- Develop professional and courteous relationships with customers and employees to enhance
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Safety and Supervision: Responsible for the safety of self, staff, and participants. Work will include inspecting equipment and property, and documenting these inspections. Must be able to instruct participants on the proper use of equipment and structures. Must supervise the programming and safety of harnessers, monitors, and supervisors. Uses good judgment while making independent decisions regarding all facets of the safe and effective use of the course.
- Leadership and Planning: Conducting a needs assessment with group contacts, and for developing programming specific to the group’s needs. Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and be skilled with the empowerment of others. Able to deal calmly with stressful situations and people.
- Experience (preferred): Experience facilitating or participating in group processing/planning discussions is highly sought as well as familiarity with group/team development. Experience managing and operating challenge courses including high ropes, climbing, low ropes, and all related gear.
- Physical: Boundless Adventures is an outdoor, adventure-orientated setting. Therefore, the Assistant Park Manager should have the ability to perform their required duties for extended periods of time while exposed to adverse conditions including, but not limited to, rough terrain, precipitation, temperature extremes, and wind. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry 50 pounds for extended periods of time.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills are required. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to both participants and other staff members. Ability to relate and work with diverse populations of participants.
- Teamwork: Team-oriented and dedicated to the goals set forth by Boundless Adventure’s management. Work as a valuable team member with others in scheduling, facilitating, and operating aerial adventure park and team building activities.
- Dependability: Response to requests in a timely manner. Is reliable when scheduled. Conducts needs assessments, develops program plans, and communicates to staff in a timely manner. Has reliable transportation to and from the site. Maintains a commitment to the success of the organization.
$40,000-50,000 salary + bonus
About Boundless Adventures
Boundless Adventures is a rapidly growing company serving the growing zip line/eco-tourism and experiential education trends. Our aerial adventure parks in NY, MA, and WI are much more than typical zip line or high ropes courses, providing a self-guided experience that challenges participants at many levels of difficulty. We have courses for a wide range of ages (7 and up) and abilities, each containing a variety of elements, including bridges, ladders, balance beams and zip lines. Group team building activities are offered to improve communication, effectiveness, and teamwork. As we grow and develop Boundless Adventures there are opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Our Wisconsin park is located just 40 miles from both Chicago and Milwaukee in Bristol Woods Park.