Posted by Sockwell on 06/08/2022
Industry Sector: Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Contact Name: Emily Yann
Contact Cell: 423.413.0786
Business Phone: 423.643.0821
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Sockwell is looking for a Marketing Director to lead its in-house marketing team. The Marketing Director will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow all channels, including wholesale, distributor, and e-commerce, with a heavy focus on direct-to-consumer and digital marketing to drive overall brand awareness.
The ideal candidate is tech-savvy and a proven leader with the ability to develop strategies, manage projects, create processes, execute campaigns, and analyze and report results. The Marketing Director will be accountable for the success of Sockwell’s digital channels and marketing roadmap. They will report to the business Partners and frequently collaborate with the VP of Product Design and the Director of Sales.
An integral part of our passionate and pragmatic team, the Marketing Director will work side-by-side with key stakeholders to move the business forward. The ability to effectively communicate, continually collaborate, and remain flexible are the keys to success in this role. Demonstrated experience in direct-to-consumer e-commerce is required, experience within the outdoor industry and/or apparel is a plus.
• Cultivate healthy and transparent working relationships across the organization, ensuring open communication about project timelines, measurement of marketing performance, and financial investments
• Develop and manage marketing strategy and budget that balances multiple channels, including wholesale, distributors, and D2C e-commerce
• Ongoing analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of digital advertising, social media, website sales, customer engagement methods, channel costs, and financial results
• Interpersonal management and coaching to direct report team, working to provide opportunities for growth and ensure team is working efficiently and collaboratively
• Provide high-level project management for company-wide brand projects, communicating timelines and progress to leadership and ensuring team members are working at a sustainable capacity/workload
• Manage vendors for services including photography, web development, print collateral and fixture production, digital marketing, and other needs as required
• Project management and production of seasonal and campaign photoshoots for product, studio, and lifestyle photography needs
Skills and Qualifications
• 7+ years of successful leadership experience building a multi-channel brand
• Strong brand development and digital strategy experience preferred
• Demonstrated project management experience, building marketing processes and managing as well as executing campaigns
• Experience in producing and managing photoshoots a plus, but not required
• Tech-savvy with preferred experience in: Shopify, Google Analytics, DropBox, Microsoft Office, Facebook Business Manager, and marketing platforms including Klaviyo, Yotpo, and others
Interested in applying?
Submit your resume and let us know why you think you’d be a great fit.
From compression socks to relief solutions to essential comfort, we bring therapeutic solutions and fresh modern styling to every sock we make.
Made in the USA, our socks are consciously crafted with American wool-based yarns, like our Fine Merino Wool/Bamboo and Fine Merino Wool/Alpaca blends, blending durability and thermoregulation with environmental friendliness.