Vice President of Sales - Ammunition
Posted by Vista Outdoor on 08/05/2022
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Executive, Management - Sales
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Senior Level
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Vista Outdoor is seeking a Vice President of Sales - Ammunition who will work on developing and implementing sales strategies and programs. The incumbent will establish targets to meet company objectives, direct the sale of Ammunition products leading to strategic growth in sales in the Law Enforcement, Government, International and Commercial markets, deliver sales and profit goals and provide senior leadership and motivation to the sales teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree is preferred
- 10 years of sales experience with proven results
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in hunting, shooting or shooting sports required
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time as required
- Ability to visit customers at their location, attend trade shows and travel with Vista Outdoor sales staff
- Proven sales experience in consumer products
- Must be customer focused
- Must be able to work internally with several departments including finance, customer service, product management, marketing, credit, and warehouse distribution.
- Possess strong planning skills for short- and long-term strategic direction
- Able to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to lead people by teaching and achieve results through others
- Lead sales strategy and planning for all brands to meet the cross-segment customer/consumer market needs
- Partner with sales operations to ensure processes and systems are in place to achieve business objectives and support continuous growth
- Establish targets to meet company objectives and sets performance goals
- Develop annual sales plan in support of organizational strategies and objectives
- Drive retention and growth within the customer base
- Influence and coordinate cross functional teams to execute the business strategy including but not limited to the marketing and trade marketing teams to ensure strategies in place for promotions and customer specific initiatives
- Develop and manage budgets
- Ensure sales volume and profitability objectives are met
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals
- Select, develop and mentor sales team
- Implement improvements to the sales process leading to organizational excellence
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
Physical Requirements: Employee will be sitting most of the time, with some walking and standing. Minor lifting objects over 10 lbs., carrying, stooping, and kneeling to access books and reports, transport paperwork and materials, and to retrieve files. Some local travel and work outdoors. Manual dexterity for extensive computer work and writing. Hearing, speaking, and vision are required (with or without correction).
Mental Requirements: Must communicate effectively in verbal and written formats. Reading comprehension and basic math skills are a requirement. Flexibility to effectively deal with a variety of people and situations and to handle interruptions and multiple tasks simultaneously. Quick thinking and problem solving to readily assimilate information. Ability to maintain tact and highly professional manners. Initiative to effectively complete tasks with little supervision. The ability to identify and appropriately handle confidential information.
Equipment Used: Telephone, calculator, personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, and printer.
Working Environment: Work is done in an office environment, with some time spent in the manufacturing plant. This exposure subjects’ incumbents to temperature changes, dirt, dust, noise, vibration, moving objects and mechanical parts, machine tool lubricant mists, equipment and explosive hazards. Co-worker support, guidance and reinforcement are readily available.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of outdoor recreation and shooting sports products. We are headquartered in Anoka, Minnesota and employ approximately 5,900 skilled workers worldwide. We have multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico along with international customer service, sales and sourcing operations in Asia, Canada and Europe.
We operate through two reportable segments: Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products. Together, our segments serve the outdoor sports and recreation markets through a diverse portfolio of well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a wide range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products.