Posted by Elevation Cycles. on 09/21/2022
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Management- Staff
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Elevation Cycles is committed to bringing together some of the best folks in the bike industry to create an unmatched experience for our customers. We ride hard and love bikes, but it is our passion for building a healthy, high-level team where people are supported to continuously grow that really defines who we are. If bikes have changed your life and you are driven to offer the best experience to help other share your passion, come help us elevate bicycle customer service.
Our staff members will tell you that Elevation Cycles is a great place to work. We offer one of the most competitive compensation packages in our industry. Pay is based on experience and talent. We offer medical and dental benefits to full-time employees as well as a 401k plan with company match, and paid time off.
Working for Elevation Cycles isn’t just a job in a bike shop—it’s a career in the bicycle industry. Our employee develop path allows for upward mobility from sales, service, and management in our local shops to opportunities throughout our extended family of sister shops in California.
If you are open to new ideas and excited about participating in an environment where delivering an outstanding customer experience is our guiding principle, check us out. And if you’re passionate about bicycles, you’ll fit right in!
- You are a seasoned bicycle technician who understands what motivates your staff and knows how to take them to the next level.
- You are competitive and driven by goals that come with a healthy financial incentive.
- You will transform that vision into a strategy and tactics to make your shop a success.
You set the professional and successful tone in the shop. You embody the Company’s Core Values with every decision and every interaction. You are an Elevation Cycles brand advocate and ambassador. In the role of Tech Manager, you will manage 3-4 bicycle technicians in a busy retail environment. In addition, you will:
- Train and supervise technicians to follow all Eleveation Cycles procedures and standards. Utilize disciplinary and performance review programs effectively.
- Ensure excellent customer service with quality and timely repair work, efficient scheduling, excellent customer communication, and accurate estimates.
- Understand the tech department productivity plan and achieve it through effective bookings and scheduling staff.
- Provide clear goals and expectations to all Techs regarding performance numbers and work quality. Provide frequent and constructive feedback to each Tech.
- Work with GM to establish a culture of professionalism and success in the Tech department and the shop as a whole.
- Help other managers complete MoD tasks such as store oversight and opening/closing manager duties.
- Work with the GM to create and maintain a stable and accurate Tech inventory.
- Communicate with Purchasing about specific needs and requests from customers regarding specific parts and tools.
- Maintain a clean and organized department including all benches and work areas.
- Meet weekly with shop managers to ensure clear communication and consistent goal planning.
- Investigate all tech warranty claims from your shop and ensure proper warranty procedures are followed.
- Participate in conversations via company communications like email and messaging to provide feedback and insight to other TM’s and company administrators.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs overhead and 50 lbs to shoulder height.
- Ability to stand at a bike repair stand for an entire 8-hour work shift.
- Ability to use hand tools with repetitive motions, including twisting, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to work weekends as part of a regular schedule.
About Elevation Cycles.
Elevation Cycles is committed to bringing together some of the best folks in the bike industry to create an unmatched
experience for our customers. We are a multi location, locally owned business who works hard
and love bikes,
however it is our passion for building a healthy, high level team that
really defines who we are. If you have a contagious love of cycling,
come help us elevate bicycle customer service.