People & Culture Coordinator
Posted by Ruffwear on 11/18/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Admin/Clerical, Human Resources
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
People and Culture Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried
Department: People & Culture
Location: Remote Possible (Bend, OR preferred)
At Ruffwear, we believe success goes beyond making great gear. Started as a one-person endeavor in 1994, Ruffwear has gained the support of dogs and humans around the world and is one of Outside Magazine's 100 Best Places to Work. Known for innovative products that help people and dogs of all abilities enjoy outdoor spaces together, our “pack” values diverse thinking and voices from different backgrounds. We appreciate a willingness to take intentional risks that promote creativity, strengthen customer relationships, and reduce our impact on the planet. Our privately held company reinvests profits back into our business to keep it sustainable and nimble, and we partner with organizations like The Conservation Alliance to help protect the lands and waterways where canines and humans connect and thrive. Based in Bend, Oregon, we test our products and explore with our own dogs among our nearby forests, rivers, and mountains. Our headquarters recently underwent an innovative renovation to provide a workspace that enhances the wellbeing and creativity of our pack. Our warm and collaborative atmosphere fosters the sharing of ideas through respectful and stimulating dialogue and helps us implement new initiatives with gusto.
The People and Culture Coordinator is a key partner in Ruffwear’s recruiting and onboarding experience for hiring managers, interviewing teams, as well as internal and external candidates. This role supports the company's ongoing talent needs by coordinating and implementing a seamless, efficient recruiting process throughout the interview lifecycle that embodies Ruffwear's values, culture, and brand. The best person for this position is someone with a learner-mindset (around all things Talent Acquisition) that is detail-oriented, fosters a sense of belonging (for humans and canines), and successfully manages simultaneous projects.
- Accountable for a positive recruiting experience for all parties: candidate, hiring manager/team, interview team, and People & Culture (e.g. inclusive and welcoming, precise and timely communication/scheduling, proactive, fun, well-organized, efficient, professional, etc.)
- Schedule Talent Acquisition and New Hire Onboarding experiences, including but not limited to interviews (virtual and in-person), events, travel, and manage logistics with strong attention-to-detail.
- Serve as a point-of-contact for candidates throughout the interview experience, ensuring the highest quality of service.
- Source candidates for open roles and build talent pipelines for future roles in alignment with hiring manager intake and business strategy.
- Draft and facilitate candidate/hiring/onboarding communications in partnership with P&C Teammates (e.g. job postings, offer letters, conducting background checks, assisting with immigration responsibilities, and coordinating relocation efforts, as needed)
- Organize new hire, active, and archived employee personnel documentation (paper and digital); assist with annual audits across People & Culture rhythm of business.
- Support Ruffwear programs, events, and People & Culture ad-hoc projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting (Ruffwear office or home office as necessary).
If based outside of Bend, OR, occasional domestic travel will be required to attend internal company events.
Required Education and Experience
- 1 - 3 years of experience in customer service, administrative support, recruitment coordination, or similar fields.
- Possess strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Approachable while displaying exceptional professionalism with data confidentiality; ensures strict adherence to compliance standards.
- Confidence in taking initiative, asking for help, and offering help to others.
- High degree of curiosity, flexibility, and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for dogs and first-hand understanding of the interactive bond between canines and humans.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- Experience working with Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Meet, Sheets, Slides).
- Familiarity with recruiting software and applicant tracking systems (BambooHR and LinkedIn Recruiter preferred).
- Experience in the outdoor, pet, and/or consumer products industry.
- Passion for the outdoors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ruffwear is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender identity, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
For Ruffwear founder Patrick Kruse, exploring the outdoors has been a way of life since the beginning, whether by foot, bike, flying machine, or boat. And he has always searched for ways to include his canine sidekicks in all of his adventures.
Today, the performance dog gear company Patrick launched from his garage, Ruffwear, is present around the globe. Throughout our journey, we’ve remained true to our passion for enhancing and inspiring exploration for outdoor adventurers and their human companions.