Posted by Ruffwear on 11/28/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Graphic, Design - Web
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried
Location: Remote Possible
At Ruffwear, we believe success goes beyond making great gear. Started as a one-person endeavor in 1994, Ruffwear has gained the support of dogs and humans around the world and is one of Outside Magazine's 100 Best Places to Work. Known for innovative products that help people and dogs of all abilities enjoy outdoor spaces together, our “pack” values diverse thinking and voices from different backgrounds. We appreciate a willingness to take intentional risks that promote creativity, strengthen customer relationships, and reduce our impact on the planet. Our privately held company reinvests profits back into our business to keep it sustainable and nimble, and we partner with organizations like The Conservation Alliance to help protect the lands and waterways where canines and humans connect and thrive. Based in Bend, Oregon, we test our products and explore with our own dogs among our nearby forests, rivers, and mountains. Our headquarters recently underwent an innovative renovation to provide a workspace that enhances the wellbeing and creativity of our pack. Our warm and collaborative atmosphere fosters the sharing of ideas through respectful and stimulating dialogue and helps us implement new initiatives with gusto.
Under the direction of the Creative Services Manager, the Graphic Designer creates marketing and visual content to support Ruffwear’s mission of inspiring dog and human connections outdoors. This position works collaboratively to develop graphic themes for internal and external campaigns delivered at retail and through print, social, and digital media.
- Responsible for maintaining Ruffwear’s Brand Style Guide, up-keeping the visual direction for logos, typefaces, color palettes, textures, and use of imagery to ensure consistent look and feel across all platforms and communication vehicles.
- Accountable for designing illustrations, graphics, motion graphics, either by hand or using software.
- Design and maintain digital assets including email graphics, digital ads, social media assets, photo editing and more as assigned.
- Create and upkeep the look and feel for all Ruffwear internal collateral, including but not limited to benefit documents, employee guidebook, training materials, team meetings, and retailer presentations.
- Design and create additional assets as needed, projects that may include apparel graphics, stickers, vehicle skins, brochures, and more.
- Manage, maintain, and organize all assets needed for seasonal, brand, and packaging files.
- Continuously look for ways to improve productivity and workflow.
- Upload and organize visual assets on the Ruffwear server, Google Drive, and in the online media repository.
- Work with Retail Brand Experience Designer to update and create marketing materials, including, but not limited to retail, event, and trade show graphics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Creative Services Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting (Ruffwear office or home office as necessary).
Occasional domestic travel will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in professional freelance or in-house graphic design.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe CS Design Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat).
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects and animation/motion graphics.
- Exceptional visual and technical troubleshooting skills, with the ability to find solutions independently.
- Excellent working knowledge of typography for print and digital media.
- Ability to concept a range of design solutions efficiently to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention-to-detail.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and efficiently complete multiple projects to meet shifting needs.
- Ability to receive constructive design direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of all things Apple, including operating systems and apps.
- Passion for dogs and first-hand understanding of the interactive bond between canines and humans.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2+ years of branding and graphic design experience with a creative agency or outdoor industry brand.
- Associate’s Degree or college-level coursework in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or related field.
- Knowledge of SketchUp or 3D rendering applications.
- Experience in the outdoor and/or consumer products industry.
- Passion for the outdoors.
This position is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the country in which the position is based. Ruffwear is unable to sponsor work authorization for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ruffwear is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender identity, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
For Ruffwear founder Patrick Kruse, exploring the outdoors has been a way of life since the beginning, whether by foot, bike, flying machine, or boat. And he has always searched for ways to include his canine sidekicks in all of his adventures.
Today, the performance dog gear company Patrick launched from his garage, Ruffwear, is present around the globe. Throughout our journey, we’ve remained true to our passion for enhancing and inspiring exploration for outdoor adventurers and their human companions.