Posted by Headwall Sports on 03/17/2023
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Business Opportunities, Management - Sales, Management - Team, Retail - Management- Staff, Retail - Sales
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Sean Doherty
Business Phone: (307) 734-8022
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Headwall Sports is a consignment store for outdoor sporting gear in Jackson Hole, WY and Big Sky, MT. We offer high quality gear at a fraction of retail prices while providing an opportunity for consigners to sell their gear and earn money in return. Everyone involved with Headwall Sports share a passion for the outdoors and make the choice to build their life around nature instead of a cubicle. We all live and play within the Jackson Hole and Big Sky ecosystems, with both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks at our fingertips. If this sounds like a life and community you’d like to be a part of, we have an opportunity.
Headwall Sports is seeking a full-time General Manager with a love and knowledge of outdoor adventures and the gear involved. The position is for our Jackson Hole location where the beauty of Wyoming is at our door. The general manager must be passionate for outdoor sports and bring their enthusiasm with them to create a lively and encouraging work environment. We are looking for someone who is responsible and dependable to lead our team and enhance customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have management and retail experience and knowledge of outdoor sport gear. An effective general manager will also be able to motivate and kindly encourage other employees to perform to their maximum ability.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include:
• Overseeing the store products, presentation, stock and employees.
• Organizing all store operations and allocating responsibilities to employees.
• Supervising, encouraging, motivating and guiding all staff towards maximum performance.
• Monitoring consignment inventory and merchandising accordingly.
• Exemplify excellent customer service skills.
• Communication with owner about store operations and current/relevant needs of the store.
• Ensuring the store is open during operating hours.
• Maintaining the store to high standards and resolving any issues.
• Plan and execute in-store promotions and/or displays.
• Analyze sales and revenue data to make forecasts and update owners.
• Running the store smoothly and effectively.
The requirements and skills of the position include:
• AA or AS degree preferred.
• Two years minimum management experience.
• Three years retail and merchandizing experience.
• Excellent organization and leadership skills.
• Superb customer service skills.
• Independent problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with data analysis.
• Must be capable of moving gear such as skis and snowboards.
• Basic computer skills.
• Familiarity of retail POS systems, specifically Consign Pro.
• Valid driver’s license and social security number.
The general manager position will be salary based on experience, and health insurance is included. In addition, the general manager will receive a ski pass in the winter, discounts on gear and paid time off.
Please note, for the right candidate who has a long-term mindset and who finds themselves happy with their situation and relationship with our business, potential ownership equity opportunities are available.
Ability to Commute/Relocate: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work is required.
If this position sounds right for you, please send your resume, cover letter and references over to email@example.comWe look forward to hearing from you.
About Headwall Sports
We are a Sporting goods consignment/outlet store located in Jackson Hole Wyoming. We deal in all types of gear that is used to recreate here in the Tetons, and greater Yellowstone ecosystem. We deal with Both Winter and Summer sporting goods. Summer time we offer limited bike shops services as well as provide a do it yourself bicycle repair area. Winter time we refill avalanche air bag canisters. We also have fun events such as a bi weekly Avalanche/snowpack educational discussion. these discussions/lectures are lead by local snow science experts. These talks are free to the public and we also provide free food and beverages. Headwall Sports has a v very legit, local feel. Many of our regular customers are locals who have been in the community for years. We also do help a lot of tourists that are visiting.